Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What course to do??????????

Options
  • 14-06-2010 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Well although I'm not currently doing the leaving cert I will Be next year and I really am wondering what courses to put down for college?? :( I had always envisioned myself doing commerce or something along those lines, but lately I've come to realise that my favourite subject without doubt is biology :D so now I dont no what to do! I know I have plenty of time and all that but I really just need an understanding of what careers each sector would bring??? I'm even interested in engineering but I don't do physics or t.g or anything :D what to do?????

Any tips or experience would be gratefully accepted :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Patri wrote: »
    Well although I'm not currently doing the leaving cert I will Be next year and I really am wondering what courses to put down for college?? :( I had always envisioned myself doing commerce or something along those lines, but lately I've come to realise that my favourite subject without doubt is biology :D so now I dont no what to do! I know I have plenty of time and all that but I really just need an understanding of what careers each sector would bring??? I'm even interested in engineering but I don't do physics or t.g or anything :D what to do?????

Science Omnibus? If you like Biology, I'm sure there's something you'll like in it. As to what careers, I'd say don't worry. Do a degree you'll like, and as long as it's not too off the wall, there'll be careers in an area related to it that you'll enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Patri wrote: »

Always aim to study something you enjoy, don't think about the end career.
    Neither Physics or Tec are required for engineering so dont discount it! You will quickly be brought up to speed in first year.

https://myucd.ucd.ie/htmlemailupload/File/Prospectus_Entry_2010/UCD_Engineering.pdf << check out biosystems engineering (its page 5 on this document), it sprang to mind when I read your post, look up other prospectus' too its a great way to get a basic idea of courses.

Advertisement