Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help

Options
  • 13-06-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

hey this is prob a stupid question but i have 2car same make and model one is 1991 and the other is 1997 i bought the 1997 private almost a year ago and never got the log book the person i bought it frm i cant get in contact or cant find d person as cant remember his name it was advertised on dondeal i heard frm a friend that i could change the plates and log book over to the 97 from the 1991 and get it recorded and legit does anyone no is this possible or is he just spoofing?? or does anyone have any ideas how i go about getting the log book for the 97car ???would be greatfull for any ideas or help :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can apply for a replacement VLC for the 1997 car. Swapping plates between cars is, of course, completely illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 astragte

i was told that i can do it legit and have the vin number and all changed and have it registered with shannon and from what i have been told i cant get replacement as i dont no the name of the owner before me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Ah no. The VIN number is the Chassis number for the car. Each car gets one when it's built, and it has it for life. Changing the chassis/VIN number is illegal, and is known as "ringing". The reg number can't be changed either, as it's tied to the VIN number (export excepted)

Shannon will send out a new log book. They've done it before for me no problems.

rite the prob wit gettin new log book is the car has not been registered to me its still in d persons name i bought it frm thats the problem i have as i cant contact him and dont even remember his name :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ring the motor tax office. The Chassis number will correspond to the previous owners name etc. Fairly simple like.

• Advertisement

they wont give any information on the owner and neither will shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

astragte wrote: »
    they wont give any information on the owner and neither will shannon

You don't need the previous owner's information, you need to ask for a replacement VRC because the previous owner never gave you his.. Just explain your situation and they'll help you.

Advertisement