Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV owners -Current Advice

Options
  • 13-06-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am a new Apple TV owner and seeking advice on set up with extra software etc...

Searching boards brings up comments from 2 years ago....anyone got some current advice for me in expanding the Apple TV's capability?

Thanks
    Redman

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I know some people have tried Boxee - I tried it once, it didn't work and I didn't have the time to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Different experiences for different people. Xbmc wouldn't work for me at all, yet most people seem to get it working straight off and praise it to the heavens. Boxee worked wonderfully for me, I personally recommend it very highly. But I hear good things about xbmc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I used atv flash to hack mine. Think it was 30 quid or so but opened it up to a while new world. Very good online video tutorial. I don't use boxee or xbmc but have expanded the apple tv with a 500gig hard drive full of movies in every different format imaginable and plays them all erfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks and I have found patchstick.ca too, so looking at reviews etc...

Cheers all

Advertisement