Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand of Winning Bets

Options
  • 13-06-2010 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Well I've been trying pretty hard to find myself a summer job this year and it really has not worked out so I'm turning to the bookies (I no not my wisest decision) and I'm wondering if anybody has any tips? :) anything would be muchly appreciated as long as it actually stands a chance of earning some moule :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As a student myself (have a job though) my best advice would be to bet small and bet with what you can afford to lose.;) No tips from me exact what I just said and you'll find that the best.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

You'll lose every cent you have unless you put in alot of work into it. If you're trying to make an income from it then you'd have to be exceptional, Which as someone who sounds new to the game then I'd assume you aren't as it takes alot of time! Whatever you do, Don't go following "tipsters" or you'll lose everything twice as fast. They're brutal!

Study, Study & More Study = Profit (If you've some luck)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Everyone has a few things they like betting on, be it german football, or formula one, or following market moves in horses or dogs. Whatever you feel is your strong suit, work on it. Put 20 euro in 5 different bookies and exchanges. do some research, know your markets, and then put 1 euro bets on what you think are likely winners. do this consistently every day for a week or two, and see how you fare after that

You may be rubbish, you may be brilliant, but start small and see how it goes. Maybe you are good at picking handicap gaa winners, then go with it. If one of your preferred markets or bet types looks profitable, then lodge your bank roll and get involved properly.

What ever you do remember, there are no sure fire hints or tips, and nothing is a banker. Find a system, and stick to it, you'll have good days and bad weeks, but if you know what your doing and your system works, then you'll make money

You reap what you so. Bookies are rich men because of the plods who walk in and put a tenner on united to win and rooney to score first, or the second favourite to win the bumper. find something you are as smart or smarter than the bookie at and try make it pay. It may not work but give it a go anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

OP what would you be betting on?
    I myself find if I'm to make money,I need to spend about 2 hours the night before and I choose only one horse to back. The way I lose money is if I stand in the bookies for the afternoon and do 5 or 6 bets. I'd reccommend you to do one a day that you'd be fairly confident about,and yes you're bound to have losers. But don't go throwing it onto some favourite in the next race then or something,hold out for the next day's bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

you need to spend a lot of time watching and studying what you intend to bet on

you need to be very selective and never chase your losses regardless
    of how you feel after a bad loss
    there will always be another day.
    when i followed horses religiously i couldve made a little profit
    following only the ones i felt very strongly about and that wouldve
    meant maybe 2 bets max per week but i wasnt disciplined enough
    and was trying to get doubles trebles, lucky15s up all the time.
    I never chase these days but that wasnt always the case :)

• Advertisement

Patri wrote: »
    Well I've been trying pretty hard to find myself a summer job this year and it really has not worked out so I'm turning to the bookies (I no not my wisest decision) and I'm wondering if anybody has any tips? :) anything would be muchly appreciated as long as it actually stands a chance of earning some moule :)

Horses high up the handicap (top 20%) in handicaps that are over 5/1 and who have won over the distance previously in races where no more than 30% of the field have won over the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

RoverJames wrote: »
    Horses high up the handicap (top 20%) in handicaps that are over 5/1 and who have won over the distance previously in races where no more than 30% of the field have won over the distance.
    Or you could just lump on the favorite. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Or you could just lump on the favorite. ;)

Haha funnily enuf that never seems to work for me! Always ends up being a 14-1 lost cause that pips him on the post :mad:

Advertisement