Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mpg are you getting?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I was bored on a drive today and started playing with the Trip meter in the Camper Van I was delivering ... and was quite impressed!

Van : Fiat Ducato 2008 , Adria Van Twin
    variant : 2.2 (Ford Engine) , Semi High Roof , LWB , 15 in wheel
    journey : Home (near Borrisokane) to Enniscorthy-ish , 110 miles , on motorways , towns , back roads and main roads .
    Average speed : 44mph

and the bit that impressed me...........32.2 Mpg .

What are you lot getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Doh! My bad . Do you want to close this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

2.2L 2003 Ducato - getting about 25mpg max. The van is also underpowered (falls out of cruise control all too often). Looking at the idea of getting it "chipped".

Any body ever done this before - any advice

(sorry Aidan for hijacking your thread :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

2002 2.8 Jtd fiat ducato carrying a pretty big camper(im not sure of the weight but its up on the 3 tonne when loaded up which is always!!)
    anyway it delivers a pretty consistent 25 MPG on irish raods and towns.
    Its got plenty of power but top gear can be a little high on undulating roads...i guess its a cruising gear.

Id be interested too in Maltas question as to whether people have gotten their vans chipped and the pros and cons to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Sure....we'll start a new thread and see what pops up for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

91 Toyota Hiace hightop with a 2.8 ltr straight diesel automatic, 2/4WD so heavy drive train…. 24 MPG on a good day 21 on a bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Aviano 4 tonne 3 ltr - consistent 25mpg per on board computer and fill up to fill up check on mixed driving loaded and half loaded. Rarely driving over 60 mph but averaging 55 mph. Would chipping improve on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

For what it's worth I added a tuning chip and found I get a much smoother drive and power power. Around the same time I added a four bicycles to the back and haven't seen any real change in my mpg. Still around 25mpg.
    This subject came up a while back and there was mixed responses to the idea of chipping. I certainly reckon it's worth the while for the smoother more comfortable drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The only thing worth chipping with my yoke is the driver ...mmhh ...paprika chips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

Delivering? what would the MPG or l/100km when used as a camper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

velosolex wrote: »
    Delivering? what would the MPG or l/100km when used as a camper?

Yup delivering , but it's a factory fitted Van Conversion , and It had water on board . I was tipping along at 70 on the motor way , and 60 on the primary routes , so I still reckon 30+ is acheivable driving at "normal" camper speeds .

Advertisement