Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well here is my situation. See I am 18 and I feel like a loser because of my inexperience. My fear of being a bad kisser has really affected my relationship with girls.the last time I had a chance to kiss a girl I was nervous as hell and ended up just forgetting about it.
    You see I have never really had a proper kiss with a girl, I have had plenty of chances but many girls I have known have had a lot more experience than me and I'm afraid I will make a fool out of myself and do it wrong or somthing. I feel like a fool posting this up considering what other people are going through at the moment but it really is a problem.

Has anyone got any suggestions or any advice on how to get over this. Because of this I am actually afraid to get close to any girl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Have you any really close female friend that would allow you to practice on her and give you honest feedback?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Have you any really close female friend that would allow you to practice on her and give you honest feedback?:)

Unfortunilty, I havnt got anyone that I could kiss without making an awkward situation out of it. I have several friends but I don't think this is somthing I could ask a friend to do with me. It's ok when you 15, 16,17 Many girls I know wouldnt even attempt to kiss a guy unless they thought about them in a romantic way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

To be honest, most of the "experienced" guys I've kissed (and I've kissed a LOT of people) were pretty bad kissers, whereas the two best kissers I've met were inexperienced (one was in his mid 20s and had never kissed somebody before me, one was 19 and had kissed like 5 people).

The most important thing is that you don't stick your tongue in and out like a lunatic. Believe me, I've had guys do that, it's pretty common and it's gross! Also, kinda swallow any excess saliva before going in for a kiss, nobody wants to have to wipe their chin afterwards! :P

Aside from that, just chill out. Different people like different types of kisses, and if you act confident, they won't suspect that you've not kissed somebody before. If a person doesn't like how you kiss, generally they'll have enough tact not to tell you, but they'll kiss YOU differently, to sort of show you how they like it, if that makes sense?

The problem isn't that you haven't been kissed. It's that you need to RELAX because kissing really is something that comes naturally, and is really simple to do.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    To be honest, most of the "experienced" guys I've kissed (and I've kissed a LOT of people) were pretty bad kissers, whereas the two best kissers I've met were inexperienced (one was in his mid 20s and had never kissed somebody before me, one was 19 and had kissed like 5 people).

The most important thing is that you don't stick your tongue in and out like a lunatic. Believe me, I've had guys do that, it's pretty common and it's gross! Also, kinda swallow any excess saliva before going in for a kiss, nobody wants to have to wipe their chin afterwards! :P

Aside from that, just chill out. Different people like different types of kisses, and if you act confident, they won't suspect that you've not kissed somebody before. If a person doesn't like how you kiss, generally they'll have enough tact not to tell you, but they'll kiss YOU differently, to sort of show you how they like it, if that makes sense?

The problem isn't that you haven't been kissed. It's that you need to RELAX because kissing really is something that comes naturally, and is really simple to do.

Thanks Linda that really does make me feel a little better about about it and your right about the RELAXING thing. Last time I really was very nervous and I statred shaking and I even felt a lil sick.

Thanks for all the help/advice people...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Agreed completely here, but with the saliva thing, make sure you wet your lips first...dry lips for kissing dont feel too good and its much easier to kiss lips properly with a bit of moiture;)

Dont fuss or worry about it, I was like that too a long time ago but it just happens naturally, you'll know when to go in for a kiss and when you get maybe 30 seconds to 2 minutes into it, you'll have mostly figured out what type of kisser she is and can both subtly adjust kissing technique to make it so much better:D

Best of luck to you, your first proper kiss will lie in memory forever...and it is wonderful to think about!

Advertisement