Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" plasma with multiple coloured thin lines

Options
  • 12-06-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Turned on my panasonic plasma which is just a big monitor for my pc. No problems with it at all untill today. Turned it on and the display is full of loads of tiny vertical lines of different colours. If I press the menu button, the menu is displayed perfectly though. Any ideas, I really love my set up. It's not a normal plasma, it's a commercial one intended as a big monitor. Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Don't own a plasma, but have seen this happen before with loose or faulty cables to my LCD monitor - what type of connection are you using?
    Also when booting from PC, with some monitors it is necessary for the PC signal to be there on switch on to sync properly (i.e. PC on an booted first).

Obvious I know, but might as well start with the simple stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Thanks Zilog, but it's actually working. Looks like it might be on the way out though. It doesn't owe me anything at this stage :D
    Just left it off for a bit and restarted the pc and all was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

matchthis wrote: »
    ...... the display is full of loads of tiny vertical lines of different colours. .........the menu is displayed perfectly though.

Sounds like the problem is not with the display as I'd imagine that if the display was faulty then the problem would also affect the menu. Most likely a problem with the source and/or cables or connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

This actually happened to my Panny plasma. Have three single-pixel vertical lines. Went away for a bit but then came back and I've never been able to rid them unfortunately. Seems to happen with the batch of panels that I have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Happened to a panasonic plasma I bought late last year. 3 or so vertical lines that woulf come and go for a while but than stayed visable. The TV was a couple of days old so I got a replacement sent out straight away.

On a side note, maybe not related but the box was damaged when my original TV was delivered, maybe it got a bang that caused the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement