Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch Youtube - limited results?

Options
  • 12-06-2010 4:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I search for videos on Youtube on my computer, for example a song, I get many results, sometimes including an 'official video' from the producers.

If I search the same thing on my iPod Touch, many of the official versions don't appear. In fact, sometimes I can't even get the original version of the song - all that appears up is remixes and cover versions.

Take for example Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (link to youtube search) - the first result is an official video. On my iPod Touch, that doesn't appear up and all the substandard cover versions / remixes do.

Why is this? Is Apple blocking some music results to try and get me to buy songs off iTunes? (the irony is I bought the song later that day!)

It is the same internet connection as the computer uses, if that's relevant.

Advertisement