Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you drive after the consultation

Options
  • 12-06-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey, im going for a consultation for laser eye surgery on Tuesday, they told me I should not drive after the consultation as they will use eye drops during it. Do they say this just to cover themselves, would I be ok to drive after it, its not like it is the actual procedure. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I can't see them saying it unless they had a reason. I would think that the drops might affect the muscles or something in the eye making them slow to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Well that's why they work in a laser surgury and you don't. I would be enclined to listen to the trained professional afterall they have been doing their job for a number of years now. Your vision will be blurred for possibly a few hrs after getting the drops. Don't take any chances

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

There's no way I could have driven after my consultation. My eyesight was blurred for about 6hrs after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

had a consultation last week, the drops didnt affect me too badly. slightly blurred but could see fine. then i went outside in the sunlight and was blinded!! seriously DONT even attempt to drive for few hours at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I couldn't even walk straight for about 2 hours afterwards, never mind drive.
    I was practically blinded by sunlight, i couldn't open my eyes properly outside for a good few hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement