Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers 3 details

Options
  • 11-06-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

The baddie for this upcoming and [lie] undoubtedly brilliant [/lie] sequel is none other than
    Shockwave.

Apparently.

Also less silly offensive comedy.

Apparently.

Still if handled properly this could be okay...

Further edification

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Looks like Silverbolt will be in it as well. James Avery will be doing the voice.

Hope that the character will still be scared of heights.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LOL.

I will believe there's no stuid comedy when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LOL.

I will believe there's no stuid comedy when I see it.

John Turturo's character is gonna be in it. I don't mind a bit of silly comic relief (it's a summer blockbuster wihich has kids as one of the main demographics) so long as its A BIT!

The twins seem to be in it too, albeit upgraded. Here's hoping their personalities have been upgraded too.

Galvasean wrote: »
    John Turturo's character is gonna be in it. I don't mind a bit of silly comic relief (it's a summer blockbuster wihich has kids as one of the main demographics) so long as its A BIT!

The twins seem to be in it too, albeit upgraded. Here's hoping their personalities have been upgraded too.

Yeah ditto.

Childish humour shouldn't involve people being called bitches or testicles which then need to be explained to said children, also, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

seibertron. com saying a convertible version of sideswipe will be in it too.

personally i liked sideswipe in the second so im all for more of him.

please god though theyre going to use
    shockwave
    to refine the combiner process so we dont end up with a lump that gets taken out by ONE shot from a human weapon and the inclusion of silverbolt means a potential gestalt smackdown.

the humour for me is actually an essential part of these films as they take the edge off the sheer brutality of the reality of TF warfare i.e it'd be unrelentingly dark and apocalyptic.

but it was WAY OTT in ROTF.

toning it back to the first is ok in my book. after all sams family and frieds is a nice contrast as to whats to be lost if a full on TF war breaks out on earth.

WONT be going to see this in 3D though.

• Advertisement

was just over at seibertron.com and the got access to the set of TF 3 and posted the results.

good news lads , prime gets his trailer in this one .

whether that means battle platform or powermaster prime is anyones guess but it looks good to me.

they got seven vids for you to look at too so i wont give away everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shockwave better be his true supremely logical and powerful self and not the G1 cartoon version.

Shockwave better be his true supremely logical and powerful self and not the G1 cartoon version.

Comic Shockwave could beat up the Dinobots single handedly (edit: literally!). It took cartoon Shockwave 4 million years to figure out how to make a telephone call.

theres a bunch of characters in this now that people are calling
    the stunticons , theyre nascars that seem to be kitted out like runabout and runamok were in the infiltration trade i.e layden down with guns

if it IS them i REALLY hope shockwave's scientist side is gonna be used to iron out the more stupid stuff from ROTF and give us a classic gestalt smack down.

that level of combat would more than require an autobot responce meaning either a bot combiner, or the dinos !

i'd LOVE a bot combiner but if this film is to be the last before a reboot (which could take a fair few number of years) then i hope they opt for the dinos. simply because i'd love to see grimlock acting like his comic self instead of the moron he's usually done as

:)

mind you this being BAY I do fear he might like the moron grimlock ! heres hoping reaction to the twins will disuade him doing anymore dumb bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I reckon an Autobot combiner is more likely than Dinobots. They're still keeping to the robots in disguise theme in the movies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I don't get why anyone's meant to be excited about that given how unrecognisable he'll probably be. It's one thing to say they don't need to be like their G1 counterparts, but then to cash in on nostalgia by getting people excited over "Shockwave" is just lame and dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

True. He was the worst intergalactic door man ever.

Clear pick of Shockwave and Soundwave's heads:

Soundwave-Shockwave-Heads_1280089839.jpg

Were ? ?

Did the pic not appear? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Also, pic of retarded looking "Einstein robot" kind of disproves the "Whacky humour" thing.

Yeah, I felt crushed when I saw that. Like, "Damnit, there goes any hope of a more mature tone..."

rumours doing the rounds that the nascars that we were thinking were the stunticons are actually....

...the wreckers.

which made me die a little inside. i really hope its just bullshyte from bay as the wreckers name actually damn well MEANS something and this just looks like him nicking the name to slap on a bunch of nobodies no one cares about.

i really have no faith that these guys have anything to do with impactor and co in anything other than name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

i really hope its just bullshyte from bay as the wreckers name actually damn well MEANS something and this just looks like him nicking the name to slap on a bunch of nobodies no one cares about.
    I think that was pretty much always the main concept behind The Wreckers.

• Advertisement

I think that was pretty much always the main concept behind The Wreckers.

yeah , but they were TF nobodies with actual pre existing toys.

this lot have bay fanwanking all over em. some of the rumours doing the rounds is these blokes aint even tranformers at all ,being human built tech based on TF technology.

i honestly wouldnt be surprised at this stage.

i could buy them being the stunticons as they have that vibe, but the wreckers? thats like trying to do the A team without hannibal BA face and murdock.

does ANYONE seriously think were getting impactor roadbuster and co here?

in other news the "einstien" looking robot looks to be the bot mode of the mercedes thats been seen on set. some think it wheeljack as its meant to be some kind of engineer. but i agree with others.

its a ****ing ridiculous looking head and doesnt bode well for the "Serious tone".

this lot have bay fanwanking all over em. some of the rumours doing the rounds is these blokes aint even tranformers at all ,being human built tech based on TF technology.

That could be awesome.

IF they were Mask.

I don't care if they are called Wreckers, Stunticons or the frickin' Car-Robo Demolition Race Team as long as they don't suck...

Advertisement