Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker and Hall in Liffey Valley Closing

Options
  • 11-06-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Walker and Hall in Liffey Valley are closing down.

Just posting this just in case anybody has a watch in for repair or a watch ordered with them.

They have my TAG Heuer in for repair (sent to UK). I called in today, they reasured me that all repairs would be processed and returned.

They are part of the http://www.bernardjohnjewellers.com chain and the other stores are staying open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Any good deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 login1

Shearens in Dundrum shut down on Friday, I imagine the current economic situation isn't the best for very expensive nonessentials, it might be good for those selling more affordable watches though maybe seiko swatch casio et al are having better fortunes if people are choosing more affordable rather than not buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 login1

bedlam wrote: »
    Is it permanently gone? The sign outside today made it sound like it was only temporary closure.

TBH I just saw the shutters down and stock gone and assumed the worst, didn't read the sign myself, have seen many shops close in Dundrum and none have reoppened. They may be of a mind we'll reopen if the economy picks up, though unless the sign says they are closed for rennovation I'd be very surprised to see them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Nolimits wrote: »
    Any good deals?

They have a 50% off everything sale, but when I was there I saw no high end watches, I would guess they probably removed all their valuable stock before the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭boksmashoffice

I purchased a Omega Seamaster for 700 down from 1800. well chufffed with that considerimg there is garbage being sold at that price

no complaints from me
    leahcim wrote: »
    They have a 50% off everything sale, but when I was there I saw no high end watches, I would guess they probably removed all their valuable stock before the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I purchased a Omega Seamaster for 700 down from 1800. well chufffed with that considerimg there is garbage being sold at that price

no complaints from me

Nice one :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 charlobangbang

did you get your watch? i left mine in for repair also and havnt got it back. any ideas on what i should do. they told me to contact head office if i hadnt recieved it by the 13th of july but i cannot find the head office number

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

login1 wrote: »
    Shearens in Dundrum shut down on Friday, I imagine the current economic situation isn't the best for very expensive nonessentials, it might be good for those selling more affordable watches though maybe seiko swatch casio et al are having better fortunes if people are choosing more affordable rather than not buying.

Sheerans stock in dundrum seemed to be have less and less stock as the months went by, very little in the way of iwc etc,

to be honest i couldnt stomach paying rrp for most high end watches, i think a good pre owned store, ala blowers or one of those, would do well somewhere like dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Cyrus wrote: »
    to be honest i couldnt stomach paying rrp for most high end watches, i think a good pre owned store, ala blowers or one of those, would do well somewhere like dundrum

Couldn't agree more. The only one we have is Dawson Jewellers which is a bit of a mess. New and used watches displayed side by side with no indication of which is which. No prices displayed and when you ask the price you realise why. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

The company behind the Walker and Hall is not gone bust, they only closed that store, their othe stores trade under Beranrd John Jewlers.

I got my watch back as it was ready before the Liffey Valley store closed.

They said in the event of the Liffey Valley store being closed before the watch was ready they would ring me and arrange details of another Bernard John store to pick the watch up from as soon as the watch arrived back from repair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement