Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Byrnes WoW Carlow

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭

Byrnes World of Wonder Carlow

today from 12.30pm is having a closing down / relocation sale.

doors just opened.

hundreds already queuing to get in.

"Warning Headless chicken alert "

There will be people running around the shop like headless chickens

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Just went in there. Massive queues. Probably about 70 or 80 queueing for the till.

I wanted a PS3, but there only seemed to be one behind the counter, and they didn't have a price on it. Life's too short to queue for probably an hour or two to get told they don't have a PS3 to sell, or the price is the same as it was before the sale.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Damn, was expecting World of Warcraft deals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

the wiff has been there since 12.30
    was in the queue for the checkout at 2pm and had been there for 40 min in the queue and was still not at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

Reply by the Wiff: I made it home! Finished in the queue at 2.30!! But deals weren't bad. Defo headless chicken alert! The males in the queue were getting very annoyed at the wait...I wonder why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

seems they've decided to exit the retail park business as I think this was their last retail park unit.

Back to basics and what they were always good at - decent newsagents & book shop with a few toys & games.

• Advertisement

Just dropped in on the off chance there was a PS3 still there...

SUCCESS!:D Got a basic 250gb PS3 for €225 (down 25% from €300).

Pretty chuffed with that.

Should also have mentioned that there was at least one PS3 and a couple of Xbox 360s there when I left, in case anyone's interested.

Advertisement