Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CYMA vs CA vs Kalash/DBoys

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey all,

I'm new to the airsoft and just planning on getting my first gun and I have some problems deciding which brand to get.

I've decided to get an AK 47 and can't relly decide which to get. So what is your opinion about the Classic Army AK 47 M-7 version (sportsline), CYMA AK 47 CM0.028 and the DBoys/Kalash? Which one would be the best?

Thanks for help in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

I own the Cyma Ak-47, straight out of the box this was perhaps my best purchase to date, shoots right on the joule everytime and hasn't given me one bit of trouble. I've skirmished with it the most and just like it's RS counterpart 100% reliable in all weather conditions. Gets my 5 star rating.

I do have a Kalash 74 straight out of the box un modded it needs some upgrades to get it up to the joule mark (havn't got around to it yet) but so far has been reliable but to be honest I havn't used it to much as I always go with my Cyma in the end of the day ;).

Can't comment on the CA sportsline AK as I've never encountered one or tested it. However based on the what I have experienced from CA other sportsline you are getting what you pay for a cheap gun.

I'd vote for the cyma any day but others might have a better opinion on the other brands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

First off forget about a CA sportline, they're muck. I've seen so many stripped pistons and gears. I've only seen one sportline with a decent condition mechbox (had very light use).

Cyma make very nice AEGs, worked on two of their AK's a while back for ZeroSignal and I was very impressed by the standard of the mechboxes, XYT gears, durable tappet plate, air nozzle etc. It was well shimmed from the box and very consistent in fps (think one of them was averaging 290fps with a lowest of 285fps and 295fps was the highest, when it deviated). Rate of fire on the Cyma's is decent stock, with the AOE mod it shot up a few rounds per second. The hop unit is nice and solid and holds its adjustment quite well. It takes a commonly availabe automotive fuse (or blade fuse, whatever it is) and the wiring is pretty good. Externals are brilliant, no shaky parts at all and everything that clicks into place, holds solidly, there was no movement with the upper reciever either.

Kalash are a Dboys gearbox with a better finish. More or less the same as the Cyma gearbox but not as well shimmed. The Kalash Ak I worked on was a bit old but everything was in good condition anyway, I didn't like the grease used as it was very heavy and there was too much of it. It's consistency was on par with the Cyma with a slightly smaller deviancy. The hop had a small bit of movement back and forth and held its adjustment nicely enough. The wiring was the standard clone stuff, it works, does what it should, but I'm not a huge fan of it. It takes the same fuse as the Cyma. The externals were very nice, full steel and wood contruction.

Hope this helps you!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

First off, I'd like to say that I've owned 2 Dboys AKs - RK-02 (part steel) and RK-03S (the S = full steel) -, I am currently in possession of a Cyma CM.040C (full steel) and have been in contact with 2 other Cyma CM.040Cs and a Kalash RK-08S and I have to say without a doubt that the full steel Cymas absolutely kick the crap out of the Kalash's in nearly every way.

By way of comparison, here is a review I wrote for the CM.040C that I urge you to read as it will most likely answer many of your questions:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65231758&postcount=295

A few final pointers:
    1. I'd recommend getting an AKM or AK-74 model (especially the AK-74M) as the ergonomics is infinitely superior than the ancient AK-47 with its flat sided grips.
    2. Avoid AKs that aren't made of steel and plastic/proper laminated wood like the plague. The metal bodied AKs are usually of woeful quality. ESPECIALLY the AK-Beta Spetzs. And if it has plastic faux-wood then fuggedaboudit...

TL: DR I'd say get a full steel Cyma over a DBoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

cyma ak's are solid, and ultra reliable,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ziewacz

Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to go with the CYMA AK47 the full metal version, and i'm loving it.

Thanks again for your feedback, the review was very usefull, and cya on one of the airsoft sites (I can't wait to go and test it out properly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

ziewacz wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to go with the CYMA AK47 the full metal version, and i'm loving it.

Thanks again for your feedback, the review was very usefull, and cya on one of the airsoft sites (I can't wait to go and test it out properly)
    Out of curiosity where did you get it from? They seem to be out of stock in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ziewacz

sliabh wrote: »
    Out of curiosity where did you get it from? They seem to be out of stock in most places.

hobbyairsoft.ie had one in the shop

Advertisement