Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom Plants for Sale

Options
  • 11-06-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Plants from a show garden in Bloom are now for sale.
    Plant varieties and prices are as follows:
    Trees:
    Betula pendula (Birch) (8 - 10ft high, feathered) x 1: €50 each

Hostas:
    Hosta ‘Francee’ x 15 : €5 each
    Hosta ‘Frances Williams’ x 10 : €5 each
    Hosta ‘Wide Brim’ x 7 : €5 each
    Hosta ‘Gold Standard’ x 10 : €5 each

Ferns:
    Athyrum felix-femina x 18 : €5 each
    Athyrum felix-femina ‘Lady in Red’x 10 : €5 each
    Dryopteris linearis x 15 : €5 each
    Matteucia struthiopteris x 15 : €5 each
    Onoclea sensibilis x 18: €5 each

Grasses
    Leymus arenarius x 11 : €5 each
    Stipa arundinacea x 7 : €5 each

Perennials:
    Helleborus ‘Tutu’ (Christmas Rose) x 10 : €5 each
    Heuchera ‘Obsidian’ x 40 : €5 each
    Heuchera ‘Beauty Colour’ x 20 : €5 each
    Cimicifuga ‘Pink Spire’ x 15 : €7 each
    Nepeta subsessilis x 14 : €5 each
    Euphorbia ‘Purpurea’ x 15 : €5 each
    Campanula coerulea x 30 : €5 each

These are also posted on Adverts.ie, link: http://www.adverts.ie/235001/plants-and-pots/bloom-show-garden-plants-for-sale/

Plants can be viewed and collected from the Phoenix Park.
    Sale has to finish Friday 18th June or until stocks last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭glanman

is every plant from bloom up for sale in the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SineadFL

Not that I know of, I'm just selling the plants from my show garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Hi All

Just wanted to let everyine know that Sinead approached the forum Mods before posting here, and we thought this was a good idea.

Some good bargains there alright, check the adverts page for pics of what lookd like a great garden :)

Cheers

DrG

Thanks Dr Galen. Updated the list there, 1 Birch left and a few plants gone.

Down to 1 birch tree, ferns, Campanula, Helleborus and some Heuchera. I have to get the plants out of the Park by Tuesday, so anything that's not sold I will be donating to the DSPCA Rathfarnam animal welfare center.

Still time to pick up some bargains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ukelely

hi sinead
    maybe you could give me some advice
    i have recently been over taken by what i think is horse tail it is growing up through my weed control sheeting and i cant seem to get rid. any solutions would be great or if you could point me to some one who might be able to help

regards
    Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Hi All

Just wanted to let everyine know that Sinead approached the forum Mods before posting here, and we thought this was a good idea.

Some good bargains there alright, check the adverts page for pics of what lookd like a great garden :)

Cheers

DrG

So will the Forum Mods now allow all Posters to post a sticky on any Garden Items for sale?

Hi Barry,

Unfortunately Horsetail is one of the most difficult weeds to eradicate. One of the best ways to get rid of it is the most labour intensive...digging it out! You'll never be able to get all of the root as they can be over a metre in length. An approach would be to clear a small area at the start, sufficient to plant your own crop/plants and then as the horsetail tries to regrow you just take it out with a hoe. Continue with this and it will eventually weaken the weed and your plants will outgrow it. This can take over a year though.
    It is resistant to most weedkillers. You might have some limited success with Roundup. If you go down this route try crushing the stems to break the surface and applying the Roundup with a brush if possible. However, again, you would have to persistently repeat this treatment and you may dislike having to apply weedkiller to your plot.
    In my experience, there is no quick solution to getting rid of this weed...it does take a while to kill it off.
    ukelely wrote: »
    hi sinead
    maybe you could give me some advice
    i have recently been over taken by what i think is horse tail it is growing up through my weed control sheeting and i cant seem to get rid. any solutions would be great or if you could point me to some one who might be able to help

regards
    Damien

Advertisement