Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

funny gear box issues - mx3

Options
  • 11-06-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Over the past few months I have been preparing a 93 mx3 for track day use. She went out on Mondello last Friday and the engine didnt appear to miss a beat, handling was great, however there is a problem which I think may be gear box related but at the moment I do not really have a clue where to start looking.

Basically when I braked and turned into the corner, the engine seemed to lose all power and either I had to double clutch or change back into second gear and straighten the car up before it took off.

There was a small sound (kinda like a knackered diff) just before it would happen.

She pulls hard in all gears and only happens when going around the bends

Apparantly a KF ( 2.0 V6) engine was put in 3000 miles ago but yet to confirm the engine code

Does any one have any ideas where else to look or what it might be?

Plan is to have a look at it over the weekend, need to sort it before I go out again

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Nom-IzZ wrote: »
    There was a small sound (kinda like a knackered diff) just before it would happen.
    thanks

Would it be your diff per chance? especially if it's only happening on bends.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nom-IzZ

Would it be your diff per chance? especially if it's only happening on bends.

anyway of testing that without striping out the box?

I was thinking it could be mounts? either engine or box mounts?

thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Sounds more like petrol starvation than anything else.

Severe cornering can do this sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Try run mondello with a full tank of fuel and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nom-IzZ

the maf was broken away from the air intake so I think that the problem. I dont think petrol would have caused it

• Advertisement
Advertisement