Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 BMW 320d M Sport

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi everyone, i,m new on here , i,m thinking of buying a 2006 520d m sport and i was just wondering if anyone has a similar car and could tell me what it is like to live with, and bad points/problems ect, and if you would recomend the car, thanks very much in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you mean the 3 then very good car but rather firm ride in SE spec, awful ride with the MPack. They're also pretty bare in standard spec, and well-optioned cars seem to be few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,203 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't have one but I have read mixed reports that the M Sport suspension is very firm, that in combination with the run flat 17"/18" tyres might make the ride very uncomfortable. The best thing to do is test drive an M Sport and then test drive a standard model to see which one you can live with.

Visually the M Sport looks the part in both the 3 and 5 Series over the standard models

bazz26 wrote: »
    Visually the M Sport looks the part in both the 3 and 5 Series over the standard models
    In much the same way as a Micra looks better with front foglights...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dantt7

Sorry, I meant to say 520d, its a 06 with 60k miles on it, one owner, manual, i have a 03 320d at the moment and need a bit more room, cheers for the replies lads, all advice is welcome

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i have access to both the 3 series and 5 series in M-Sport trim. Fantastic cars imo! i had an SE on 18" standard tyres before hand and it was a more firmer ride than the M-Sport on 18" Runflats.

i much prefer the M-Sport for looks and of course the spec level.
    in the 2006 model you will have the older 163bhp engine but its still a great engine and with a remap (if your into that) will transform the engine big time.

i dont know why some posters are against the M-Sport but its a much better car imo and in no way firmer in my experience.

best bet is to drive both versions and see which you like yourself.
    Anan1 wrote: »
    In much the same way as a Micra looks better with front foglights...;)

dont really understand your chain of though there Anan1 :confused:

This M-Sport is much better looking than This SE in my opinion of course.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    dont really understand your chain of though there Anan1 :confused:
    It's a personal thing of course, but I think the MPack makes the car look like it should be sitting outside a chipper. Give me an SE with sports seats any day.

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's a personal thing of course, but I think the MPack makes the car look like it should be sitting outside a chipper. Give me an SE with sports seats any day.

totally agree its a personal thing, OP should drive both variants and see which one suits his circumstances best.

kceire wrote: »
    totally agree its a personal thing, OP should drive both variants and see which one suits his circumstances best.
    +1, and on a good selection of road types. One thing I will say in favour of the MPack is that the sports seats are IMO a must-have, and very few SEs will have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Agreed avoid poverty spec on these car, bluetooth, navigation (professional not the tiny business NAV), sports heated seats, auto if that what your into (on a 5 series its the wise buy for resale).

I am with Anan1 on the msport versus SE. The SE has less pretensions to a M5 and I would rather the money was spent on spec rather than a body kit.

I drove the 520d again this morning and i have to say its a fair machine in the bends!! it has a full spec, sports leather seats , bluetooth , sat nav, its in a dealer and he is looking for €18,000 straight deal with no trade in, i was looking around and this seems to be a good price, it is manual could that b why it is for this price? i also did a history check on the car and everything checks out, are those checks accurate lads?? thanks again for all the advice, its really appreciated

• Advertisement

Is it in a BMW dealer? Also, did you check the SH?

no its not a bmw dealer, its a toyota dealership, it has complete SH from mossisons bmw in cahir, to b honest i,m leaning strongly towards it, i,ve been looking around for a while now and i cant see anything that comes close to this in price, he also told he he would get the bmw dealer to put it on the diagnostic , and he will give me the complete read out, my local bmw dealer is asking 3k more for an se model with similar miles but no leather

dantt7 wrote: »
    I drove the 520d again this morning and i have to say its a fair machine in the bends!! it has a full spec, sports leather seats , bluetooth , sat nav, its in a dealer and he is looking for €18,000 straight deal with no trade in, i was looking around and this seems to be a good price, it is manual could that b why it is for this price? i also did a history check on the car and everything checks out, are those checks accurate lads?? thanks again for all the advice, its really appreciated

any links to it?

no, the sales man told me its just in, hes not going to put it up if i,m interested, i,m going up this evening for another look, think i will purchase, it, thanks again for all the advice and comments lads

no, the sales man told me its just in, hes not going to put it up if i,m interested, i,m going up this evening for another look, think i will purchase, it, thanks again for all the advice and comments lads
    Make sure to check verify the SH with Morrisons before putting dowen a deposit. I'd also be looking for as long a warranty as possible, and i'd have a thorough read through the warranty booklet before putting down money.

i will do, hes meeting me after hours so i will b able to have a good poke around in it, thanks again for all ur help

i,m collecting the car 2mor, today is the longest day i,ve ever put down!! Thanks again lads for all your comments and advice.

i,m collecting the car 2mor, today is the longest day i,ve ever put down!! Thanks again lads for all your comments and advice.

best of luck, please put up some pictures when you get it.

i,m not the best with computers, how would b the easiest way of putting up pics ?

i,m not the best with computers, how would b the easiest way of putting up pics ?

if you can do it when you have some pics, i'll PM you my email and i'll post them for you.

or you can upload them to www.photobucket.com then put a link up here.

• Advertisement

That would be sound, i doubt if i would be able to put them up, cheers

That would be sound, i doubt if i would be able to put them up, cheers

no probs :D

Advertisement