Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone problem

Options
  • 10-06-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi,

I am now on my 3rd iphone within a year, having had 2 major problems previously. I had them replaced under warranty, the first ime because of virtually inaudible call volume and the second because the battery was giving in after an hour.

My third iphone has now developed a problem with call volume again :mad:

I am so mad!!! Luckily I am just within the warranty period of when I purchased the iphone initially last year. I have two questions. I take it the one year warranty does not start from when you recieve your replacement iphone but your original purchase date?

If this is the case I do not want to take the chance of paying 250 euro if this replacement one also fails. Have I any rights in either asking for my money back or having my warranty extended?

(and no, this has nothing to do with the 4g being anounced, i love the 3gs and am more happy with it......if it will just work!)

very frustrated

PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

can anyone advise me?

cheers

pc

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

the warranty extends from whenever the device is changed. For example if you're iphone gets damaged in 2 months and they give you a new iphone the warranty for the new iphone starts when they gave it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Did you trying going into the settings and turning the call voulme up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

sounds like awful bad luck :(

I've had zero problems with mine over the last couple years. I moved to VF and had one replaced because it went dead, but in general, they;ve been great!

Hope you get it sorted!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mihau wrote: »
    the warranty extends from whenever the device is changed. For example if you're iphone gets damaged in 2 months and they give you a new iphone the warranty for the new iphone starts when they gave it to you.

No it doesn't, it is from original purchase date. And there is no coverage for it being "damaged", it is for a fault developing. Talk to whoever supplied it and ask them about the chances or extending the warranty, although thats probably better for Apple Customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

whiterebel wrote: »
    No it doesn't, it is from original purchase date. And there is no coverage for it being "damaged", it is for a fault developing. Talk to whoever supplied it and ask them about the chances or extending the warranty, although thats probably better for Apple Customer service.

+1
    I have had warranty repairs, your warranty is 1 year from original purchase date, or I believe it was 90 days warranty you get on the replacement, whichever one is longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

whiterebel wrote: »

This is right, years ago I had a Nokia 3210 replaced 3 times within a year. But the warranty was only good for one year from date of purchase.

I've seen a few rattles on Boards about European law stating all electronic good are to have a 2 year warranty.

Or your other option is to get this, the Apple Care plan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This is right, years ago I had a Nokia 3210 replaced 3 times within a year. But the warranty was only good for one year from date of purchase.

I've seen a few rattles on Boards about European law stating all electronic good are to have a 2 year warranty.

Or your other option is to get this, the Apple Care plan.

Ireland never ratified the 2 year part of the legislation, believing the Sale of Goods Act offers more protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Thanks a mil for the feedback folks :)

I spoke with applecare today and they were very apologetic. They agreed it wasnt acceptable for the iphone to give this much bother.

90 days extended warranty from the date of the replacement. I have agreed to get it replaced. I hope this one will last the distance! They told me to check every function when I get it.

Still not sure if I would have been within my rights to ask for a refund.

Advertisement