Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion sub without my consent?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Got an email today

"congratulations, you have activated your european account"

Saying somethnig that i bought a 1 month subscription and my new billing date is july4th.

I used the one month free trial and cancelled my sub after it, anyone else get something similar.

Must go home and check my bank account, heads up on anyone that played aion around release, happend to a few of the lads i rang around too aswell

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing in my inbox anyway. They better not try it, thats for sure. If i wanted to do the same thing over and over again, every single day, i'd get a real job...ahh :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »
    Got an email today

"congratulations, you have activated your european account"

Saying somethnig that i bought a 1 month subscription and my new billing date is july4th.

I used the one month free trial and cancelled my sub after it, anyone else get something similar.

Must go home and check my bank account, heads up on anyone that played aion around release, happend to a few of the lads i rang around too aswell
    Sounds as they gave you a free month in the hope that you would come back; nothing else. You would also not be charged until July 4th any way so your bank account will show nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Also worth noting that sometimes account thieves do this to steal stuff from currently inactive accounts if they know they might have alot on them. But if you can still log into account management etc thats probably not the case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Sounds like a phising attempt, I've seen similar for other games.
    I'm assuming you checked the handy account link they perhaps supplied in the mail was legit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

I have gotten loads of phishing emails about world of warcraft and aion trying to get my details from me. They are telling me there's a security risk on my account or my account is going to be banned for months now. Never follow any of those links in emails and enter your account details. Go to the official account yourself instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement