Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPhone

Options
  • 10-06-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 3gs for the last 7 months or so (its a work phone). The company I work for has changed Network Provider and I have been handed a new iPhone 3gs.
    Does anyone know the easiest way of doing this? do I just plug the new phone into my laptop and switch everything over to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Just plug it in to itunes, and restore it from the backup of your old iPhone. Everyting will be ported over. apps, settings, contacts etc.

I had an iPod touch before my iPhone, and I was able to do this without issue, so it should work between two iphones.

The only issue might be that your old phone was on a different network - I'm not sure how it will handle the change in settings or the carrier file.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

As phutyle said, use itunes, but i'd back-up/sync your old phone first and you may have to switch home sharing on to upload your music and apps to the new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Just wondering did you have to hand the old phone back? if not can you not just unlock it and continue using it?

Advertisement