Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing video of underwater free dive

Options
  • 10-06-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭

Amazing video of underwater free dive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQITWbAaDx0&feature=player_embedded#!
    In this remarkable clip, world freediving champion Guillaume Nery stands at the edge of the world's deepest underwater sink hole. And he jumps. The ensuing photography is a hypnotic adventure into the impossible.

While Nery contends that no freediver can nor ever will make it to the bottom of Dean's Blue Hole, he spent four afternoons pulling off the stunts to simulate the effect while girlfriend/freediver Julie Gautier, just as impressively, filmed them (while freediving herself!) with a Canon 5D Mark II. [Julie Gautier via GrindTV]
    The Canon 5D is just:eek:
    The dive at 1:10:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Great vid, very well shot.

watch it in 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Says on the video description thats its not real?

Still very bad ass and cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Darksaga87 wrote: »

I think they say that because he doesn't actually dive to the bottom of the hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

That would terrify me. Standing at the edge of a black abyss and feckin jumping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was listening to last.fm when I started this video and Holy Diver by Dio was playing they match up pretty well.

If you start the diver one at 44 seconds they match perfectly. I think maybe they intended on using the Dio song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Darksaga87 wrote: »

I would imagine they mean that it's not one single free dive.

They obviously did a fair few dives to get all the shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I would imagine they mean that it's not one single free dive.

They obviously did a fair few dives to get all the shots.

Saw it posted on a link the other day but can't find it now, where it gave more information on it.

Found this one instead, where it states they did shoot it over 4 afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Saibh wrote: »
    Saw it posted on a link the other day but can't find it now, where it gave more information on it.

Found this one instead, where it states they did shoot it over 4 afternoons.

Wow, that's a long time to hold your breath for.

Advertisement