Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iphone 3GS

Options
  • 10-06-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I am considering in buying a vodafone upgrade iphone 3gs from a man i know. The thing is im on meteor. Can it be unlocked and will it work? I think i know how to do the internet settings anyway!

Please help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It won't be unlocked and it will only be possible to unlock it if jailbroken. Which I understand will not be possible if it's a brand new 3GS with the latest software.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

seamus wrote: »
    Which I understand will not be possible if it's a brand new 3GS with the latest software.

You can Jailbreak with the latest 3.1.3 software. I upgraded my software a week ago and then used the new jailbreak on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

You can Jailbreak with the latest 3.1.3 software. I upgraded my software a week ago and then used the new jailbreak on it.

Thats great so it is possible. Is it hard to do. Any idea where id get the information on how to to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lori88 wrote: »
    Thats great so it is possible. Is it hard to do. Any idea where id get the information on how to to do it?

Unlocking, I don't know. But jailbreaking is very easy. Can't post details here but google jailbreaking 3gs 3.1.3 and you will find what you need.

The program I used to jailbreak mine (alternate name for a ghost) does not support carrier unlocks though so have a good read before you do anything.

Advertisement