Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appropriate Wedding Gift

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Am am going to a very close friends wedding at the end of the month andwas wondering how much money was I ment to give as a present as in what was the norm?

I had planned on giving €200 but last month my roommate moved out and my mortgage went up so I'm very strapped for cash, the wedding is in another county so I need to pay for a room and need spending money for that day , not to mention other bits and bobs like an outift.

Anyway i was thinking of giving €100 - €150 do you think that would look mean?

Any views on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

If she is a close friend she will understand your money worries at the moment and should appreciate you travelling etc to the wedding!

I think €150 is plenty.

Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 27 myluck

Depends if your going on your own or taking someone with you,,, most wedding meals are 50 to 60 for each person no one really minds on gifts once ppl cover the meal at least,,,, its alot of exps on ppl gettin married,,,, I would think 150 is grand for a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Original question is nearly 4 years old, no need to keep this thread open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement