Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 UK officially announce iPhone 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Op It will be available here in UK on almost all carriers as mentioned here.
    I know if history is any guide in Ireland it will be treated like a novelty and will be offered on highly overpriced contracts.

And just like that, the UK has turned into a veritable treasure trove of carrier choice. Three has just announced that it too will be carrying Apple's latest iPhone starting from June 24, expanding on the options to be provided by O2, Orange, Vodafone and, most recently, T-Mobile. That's now the complete set of five UK networks all ready to take your name and credit card number on launch day, while Three is also the first to announce its pre-order start date -- which it places at June 15, the same time that Americans will be able to pre-order. Three's strategy in the UK has usually been to undercut the big dogs with alluring pricing, so next week should be a very interesting time for British iPhone lovers indeed.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/iphone-4-coming-to-three-uk-pre-orders-starting-june-15/

Phone contracts in Ireland are a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

Phone contracts in Ireland are a rip off.

LOL

[Insert Product Here] in Ireland are a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

the 3 shop in dundrum are expecting it at the end of july. it is coming out on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

the 3 shop in dundrum are expecting it at the end of july. it is coming out on them.

an official launch then? Not like they have the 3gs now, shipped over from 3 italy and only offered to upgrade customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cojomo2 wrote: »
    an official launch then? Not like they have the 3gs now, shipped over from 3 italy and only offered to upgrade customers?

That could be a good thing, at least there not sitting on stock of the 3GS, how many have vodafone and o2 still left to sell before the new one hits the shelves?

There's no way the girl in dundrum know's anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

just on the 3 there(indian call centre)

The guy said they currently offer upgrade customers the 3gs, and that next months, upgrade customers will be offered the iPhone 4, but not for new customers, ever..that's what he said!

he does not no, apple are so tight with information I doubt anyone knows yet, let alone the chick in dundrum and the dude in the call centre.

Still i've one upgrade left this year, I do hope there right.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

If its true that 3 aren't offering the iPhone to new customers, that's a big loss for them. I wonder if that limitation is part of the conditions of their contract with Apple.

I switched from 3 to O2 because of the iPhone, but I'd happily switch back to 3 for the iPhone4 when my contract is up.

Looks like everybody will have it besides Meteor, question now is who has it first http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/16534/comms/vodafone-3-and-o2-confirm-theyll-sell-iphone-4-in-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭scottyboy

Just spoke to three in Waterford (didn't know they had Irish offices now!?) and the guy confirmed that they do supply the iPhone 3GS on demand through the upgrade dept.

He said that he had heard nothing about the iPhone 4 but assumed that it would be available as they have the 3GS. He took my number and said he would contact me as soon as he had more info.

Happy days if I could stay with 3 and have an iPhone 4 to replace my 2 year old 3G. The three like home data roaming is great when over in the UK and up north.

I'll post again when I hear back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

looks like the girl in the shop was right :D .
    on their 29 euro package, its 150 flexi units with 1gb download. dont know if that includes the 100% extra offer for the flexi units.
    i wonder will VF and o2 have a price change????
    3 will defo look more attractive now, especially since they have very good roaming rates.

Advertisement