Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore eyes.

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Evening all,

Have a few bought in cattle around 450kg's. One fella has watery/running eyes (both) in the past 24hrs. What is the best thing for it - avoiding vets hopefully.
    I remember many years ago we had one or two with 'pearl eye' but I don't think it is this but he needs a bit of looking after.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Uncle used to give a dose of penecillin into the eye, back in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Belongamick

I hace heard that a touch of any of the injectors for mastitus should do the job - they contain penecilin?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

are they red or just running like tears?? if they are red [pink eye we call it] then ya the penecilin i bose

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

If you are sure it not just a belt of a stick he got. If the the pupil is cloudy or the eye is red I would go with the squirt of penicillin into the eye. Chances are he will be alright in a fe days

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Belongamick

Thanks - lads.
    Been to vets office and got some ointment.
    He was brought in and treated - to be honest he is alot better than a couple of days ago. I think it may have been a slight infection - both eyes with tears. All in all he doing ok - bit nerve wrecking earlier in the week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement