Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to two plays in Dublin tonight!

Options
  • 09-06-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Optomised_OS_MaMM_online_banner_A.jpg

Boards.ie's own No Drama group are a busy lot.

This time around they're putting on 2 plays - Woody Allen's "Old Saybrook" and Gillian Plowman's "Me and My Friend" and they open tonight at 7.30 pm, Wednesday June 9th and run until Saturday the 12th in the Smock Alley Studio, Lower Exchange St, Dublin 8 (map).
    Following January’s sell out run of Charles Dyer’s Wanted: One Body!, a talented selection of No-Drama-Mites are immersed in rehearsals for a double bill of drama running from 9th – 12th June in Smock Alley Studio.

Gillian Plowman’s black comedy Me and my Friend and Woody Allen’s hilarious Old Saybrook unite in an evening of soul-searching and tear- jerking laughter.

Directed by Brian Quinn and Barry O’Donovan, Me and my Friend follows four institutionalized psychiatric patients who find themselves on an early release program in two small council flats. In this black comedy, hopes and dreams collide with moments of psychosis and skeletons from the past.... A red dress arrives in the post with no note attached - who could it be for? A party invitation? How will they cope?

Winding you down from the thought-provoking first play, whilst rolling with the theme of complex relationships is Woody Allen’s Old Saybrook. We meet an accountant and his wife as they return to the house in which they once lived.

Unfortunate secrets are revealed and relationships rocked in this farcical yet bizarrely topical tale of infidelity, directed by Brian Quinn, assisted by Yvonne Durran. If you don’t like the sound of your laugh then this is probably not the play for you!

If you'd like to buy tickets, you can do so here.

We have a pair of tickets to give away - today's tickets go to the first person to reply to this thread who can tell me where the No Drama group meets every week :)

Today's the last night of the show, so be quick.

Break a leg guys!

Dav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Allen Konigsberg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sleazus wrote: »
    Allen Konigsberg

Congrats!! PM sent! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

May 21st 2009 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

May 21st 2009 :)

Correctumundo :)

PM on it's way :)

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the last day so be back here around 12 for the final chance to win!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement