Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Times for apple.ie

Options
  • 09-06-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone ordered from apple recently? Any idea on how long they usually take to deliver?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Once dispatched, stock build Macs are usually delivered within 2 working days. BTO Macs take at least a week, sometimes more.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭deflemonkid

Ok, thats cool. Thanks a million for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Anyone ordered from apple recently? Any idea on how long they usually take to deliver?

During product announcements it can be delayed as well if they are upgrading in the same area.

I bought my Mini macs a few days before they announced an upgrade to the machines. When I rang up to complain they explained that I was automatically upgraded to the lowest spec in the new range of machines, for the same price (which was approx e200 more expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭deflemonkid

Well i've just ordered one of the new i7 Macbook pros so i doubt i'll have to worry bout any upgrades interfering with the delivery a the minute :P
    Thanks tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Just bought a pair of these last Sunday (8 days ago) from Apple.ie. Got an email the following Monday evening saying they had been shipped est. 5 working days. Today is the 5th full working day since... If they don't some 2moro, should I be worried? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Small orders like that are shipped via An Post. I'd give it until the end of the week before contacting Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Small orders like that are shipped via An Post. I'd give it until the end of the week before contacting Apple.

An Post will deliver the next working day from when the item arrives in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

An Post will deliver the next working day from when the item arrives in Ireland.
    :D I admire your optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Bought a MacBook Pro 15 a couple of months ago. Ordered on a Monday got it on Wednesday. Not too shabby but the wait is torture :D

Johnmb wrote: »
    :D I admire your optimism.

;) would put money on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

;) would put money on it
    Happily. I've had many things posted from the UK (every month), via registered Royal Mail, and it almost always disappears for a few days once it leaves the Royal Mail jurisdiction and enters An Posts. They struggle to deliver things posted here the next day, from my experience they take up to a week to deliver anything coming from the UK.

Ah right. I should have been more precise - An Post will deliver next day from when it is in their hands. I'd say your delay is due to airport changeovers. They wouldn't get paid by Royal Mail otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Johnmb wrote: »
    Happily. I've had many things posted from the UK (every month), via registered Royal Mail, and it almost always disappears for a few days once it leaves the Royal Mail jurisdiction and enters An Posts. They struggle to deliver things posted here the next day, from my experience they take up to a week to deliver anything coming from the UK.

i second that. it used to take 3 days to get things from uk to here.

now its a minimum of a week at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,392 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Instead of paying the list price from apple.ie you should go to one of the local retailers, they will insist on you paying the sticker price as Apple seem to have a tight control on sales price (probably anti-competitive but that's for a different forum). However you should be able to leverage the situation whereby you also buy a few odds and sods at the same time and get that stuff discounted heavily. I bought a 21" Mac in Harvey Normans a few weeks ago and got a few printer cartridges and a DVD-R stack at a large discount. If you buy off the web at list price you can't extract this type of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

but the mark up on print cartridges and dvd spindles yields most profit for the bricks and mortar, u might think u got them heavilly discounted, but they get them for peanuts as is

• Registered Users Posts: 25,392 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any discount is better than no discount. My point is that by bundling them in on the spot in a bricks and mortar shop I was able to leverage the fact that I was paying list price for a large item, you can't do that when buying online and paying exactly the same price.

Advertisement