Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE CANTERBURY

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i have just being offered a place for PGCE, Middle years at Cantrebury Christ Church Uni Kent .
    Has anyone done this course, or being offered it this year, I am not sure where to base myself in Kent
    Thanks
    FG ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dna

hi fungirly

I did PGCE in Primary in CCCU 4 years ago and absolutely loved it. The uni is small, mainly teachers and nurses, lots of Irish doing both courses. Canterbury is a great city, it's small but there's lots to do, great pubs and shops, nice restaurants.

I rented a room in a shared house in Canterbury, 10 min walk to uni, cheap and cheerful! The city is very studenty, most areas have students living in them so you'll find accomodation easy enough to get. I think the Uni have a list of local landlords, and think the Accomodation Office had a housemate teaming up thing too. We got really lucky and had a lovely landlord, found him through a letting agency.

Teaching practice schools are often MILES away so basing yourself in Canterbury will cut down on most of the travelling during the year. I had a car so got the furthest away schools, hour and a half to one of them. But the Uni run a bus for bringing you to schools so transport isnt too much of a prob.

I had the best time during my PGCE, it's hard work, long days and lots of planning but it was a blast!

Hope you enjoy Canterbury as much as I did!

Advertisement