Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i feel so shallow

Options
  • 09-06-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

basically i judge girls by their looks and i feel so shallow because of this. im 24 and all i seem to be interested in is the girl that meets my perception as been really attractive, which is hard to come by in my book. At the same time i feel i have passed up opportunities with women who were attractive to others yet i found myself to be put off by small things, i dont know why im am so negative, and judging people based on appearance is so shallow i feel like a real asshole, im a good looking guy but im no brad pitt, even writing this message annonomously makes me feel like a total asshole. anyone ever experience this? because i know there is more to people then physical looks yet sometimes i feel like that is all i am looking for...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

You need to get a balance going on here. There is nothing wrong with needing to be strongly attracted to a person before you involve yourself with them intimately; the problem is when that is all you are interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Well you obviously have a conscience if you feel bad about it so you're not so shallow. As the previous poster said, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be attracted to someone you're going out with.

I used to be very picky about who I dated but eventually I found someone that I thought ticked all the boxes....in other peoples eyes he may not have been the best looking but in my eyes he was great. I was happy being single at the time so it didn't bother me being picky. Sometimes when you get to know someone and you love their personality, they can become better looking and vice versa - they may be beautiful on the outside but once you get to know them, they become "ugly". As the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

If you're desperate to date someone - then you may need to lower your standards a little and get to know someone before they're dismissed. However, if you're happy being single at the moment just continue on as you are and you'll be suprised at who might catch your eye.

Advertisement