Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW - Connection issues - Eircom (?)

Options
  • 08-06-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am very very new to the whole WoW world. My sister purchased the game/subscription tonight for the game (first time user). Setup her account, downloaded game etc...

However when she goes to login she just gets the "connecting" text box indefinitely with no sign of signing in.

I've looked at the various troubleshooting issues etc.. on the support sites for WoW - like deactivating firewalls etc... but nothing seems to help.

I am just wondering if some of the advanced Irish users know of any possible solutions or ideas as to the problem.

I have Eircom Wireless broadband and a netopia router if it helps at all

Thanks

Uriel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

What time was this at, there was a server reset for maintenance last night.

I know you mentioned the firewall but did you allow access for the game through it?

You also might try re-configuring your netopia router with less security to allow access, had this problem with modern warfare 2 where it just kept hanging on me and would'nt log on. I accessed the router, can't remember the ip address but the details are easily found online, and changed some of the security settings to a lower option. Solved the problem.

Advertisement