Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda CB1 Exhaust

Options
  • 08-06-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Anyone know much about exhausts?

CB1 exhaust broke earlier on the way home. Looks like the middle bracket broke from the bottom of the bike (pic 5) and the whole pipe snapped.

Would this be weldable and if so would it last long or just go again?

If not fixable does anyone know any aftermarket exhausts that would suit it and do the aftermarket exhaust just come from the exhaust can up or are they full systems.

Never replaced one before - not getting much luck searching online either cos I'm not sure what the craic is with the aftermarket ones.

Thanks

2dalvfq.jpg
    ve88ck.jpg
    2myq1hl.jpg
    rktro4.jpg
    2u7m9f7.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

It looks repairable, what part of the country are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Up the road in Meath

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Too far away from anyone I can recommend to fix it.
    You could fix it by using a sleeve pipe over it and clamping it both ends.
    End cans do not include the pipe you need, a full system is costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Nice one man, I know a good bike mechanic but I'm not sure if he does welding though. Does that sleeve pipe/clamp fix need a weld?

Otherwise I know a car mechanic who does welding but not sure if he'd be good on this.

Advertisement