Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charlois bull for black and red limx cows

Options
  • 08-06-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

i have black and some red limx what would be best bull to cross with them i cavf in spring and usully sell top 10 as welings and keep rest as stores

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

go with an easy calving charollais. on saying that i would worry about the colous of the charollais from the black lm crosses. i know in our local mart you would think moussy coloured charolais were lepers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

valtra2 wrote: »
    i have black and some red limx what would be best bull to cross with them i cavf in spring and usully sell top 10 as welings and keep rest as stores

Funny, of our cows half are Black Limx and we're looking to move away from the PB Charlois and thinking of a Red Lim bull for next season..

Advertisement