Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who to talk to about grants?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is/who I could talk to about my eligibility for a grant for next year? I've posted a thread on the student finances board, but it's a bit of a complicated situation so was wondering if there's anyone in college who could help? that i could make an appointment with to talk it out?

Thanks

Comments

Senior Tutor's Office should be able to help, as would the Education/Welfare Officer in the SU. Really though, the best people to talk to would be your Council/VEC, as they would give you definites as they actually administer the scheme.

Best of luck with your queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Your local Council/VEC administer the grants yes, although I've found them very impersonal when I have been to their offices. They generally seem to be busy with other things and only ensure their forms are properly filled in.

Education/ Welfare officer in college would be the best person to talk to, especially if it is as you say a complicated situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

www.studentfinance.ie will give you the bare essential info that you actually need

welfare officer of the su is the best person as they can lobby on your behalf if the council is being stubborm. another handy thing about welfare officer is that they might have already come across a similar case as yours and will be better able to stear you in the right direction.

best of luck with the application hope it works out!

Advertisement