Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuacht1.com - Latest News in Irish From Around the Web

Options
  • 08-06-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

logo.jpg

A Chairde,

Tá comhiomlánóir nuachta nua ar fáil ag http://nuacht1.com/

This is a little project I have been working on in my spare time.

I wanted to create one website which would aggregate all the latest Gaeilge news feeds into one easy-to-access webpage.

The following news sources are updated automatically every 5 minutes:

- Nuacht TG4
    - Nuacht RTÉ
    - Nuacht 24
    - Gaelscéal
    - Gaelport
    - Adhmhaidin Raidió na Gaeltachta
    - All news sources with keywords related to the Irish Language
    - Latest entries from Irish Bloggers

I thought the domain Nuacht1.com would be suitable as it combines all feeds into one.

Known Issues:

Gaelscéal - Their RSS feeds are not configured properly.
    They should have feeds for each section; Nuacht, Spórt, Beatha, Tuairimí and Oideachas, but currently, only the Beatha feed works. I have asked them about this without any response so far.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Let me know if this is something that would be useful to you and what you would like to see in future releases.

Also, I am looking for a slogan or tagline in Irish to put below the logo. Any ideas?

Go raibh míle maith agaibh. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Fair play duit, I have it bookmarked already and I shall spread the word on this
    your link to Tg4 beo player isn't working properly, thought i'd let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Maqi Lobaccona

Grmma as sin, a Chrosáidí. Nasc TG4 ag obair anois.
    Crosáidí wrote: »
    Fair play duit, I have it bookmarked already and I shall spread the word on this
    your link to Tg4 beo player isn't working properly, thought i'd let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Great work - you shoudl add beo, insideireland.ie and nós* (if nós still exists....).

Very handy - well done.

A Chairde,

Mar eolas.. tá RSS ar fáil anois ag http://nuacht1.com/feed
    Great work - you shoudl add beo, insideireland.ie and nós* (if nós still exists....).

Grma. Níl aon RSS ag Beo, and not even a date on their articles, so ní féidir liom aggregate anything ansin. I´ll keep an eye on Nós. :pac:

could you put a link to the full article in the rss feed - it is relatively useless otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stwidgie

Togha! GRMA!

A Chairde,

You can now filter articles on Nuacht1.com by language, eg: Gaeilge, Béarla, or Gaeilge agus Béarla.

4sOAD.jpg

This feature is not available on the RSS feed yet.

The Inside Ireland articles are still not available on Nuacht1.com, but I am in contact with the web developer.

GRMA :)

ps. If you´re interested, please join the Nuacht1.com Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nuacht1com/131279163564837

could you put a link to the full article in the rss feed - it is relatively useless otherwise.

Hi Conor,

Can you tell me which feed reader/browser you are using? Is it a mobile device?

GRMA
    stwidgie wrote: »
    Togha! GRMA!

:)

it is greader on my g1 (android)

A chairde,

Nuacht1.com is now available in "sean chló" (traditional Irish orthography). Nuacht1.com/ga.

2DjTt.jpg

Support:

Firefox 3.5 +
    Chrome 5 +
    Safari 3.1 +
    Opera 10 +

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer (all versions) is the only browser that doesn´t support "TrueType Webfonts". Quelle surprise! :rolleyes: - though it should be supported in IE9.

Bain taitneamh as. :)

Nuacht1.com Sean Chló
    Nuacht1.com ar Leabhar na nAghaidheanna

• Advertisement

it is greader on my g1 (android)

OK, Conor, I´ll see if I can get a hold of an Android device and test it out. I´ll let you know here once resolved.

GRMA.

Advertisement