Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to anything?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Really hope someone can help me cause I'm very confused!

After being out of college for three years I was re-admitted into 3rd year of the same course last September. I had already passed the last time around, so ended up actually being registered to a made up course for the year so I could keep my previous grade and not have to pay tuition fees. Because I was kind of repeating last year I was told I wasn't entitled to any financial assistance so have been living off savings all year.

So now I'm wondering am I entitled to anything for the coming academic year? I am nearly 26, and have been living away from home and supporting myself for the last year. I will be moving home for the summer as I have zero money left and am hoping I'm entitled to something for next year as otherwise I cannot see myself being able to finish this degree! Living at home for the year isn't really an option as it is quite far from college, and as selfish as it sounds I don't want to be there as my father has alzheimer's and I feel it would interfere with my final year too much.

So would I be entitled to a grant of some sort?

Thanks guys. Sorry it's a bit long, complicated situation!

Advertisement