Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freaked out

Options
  • 08-06-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

my perents are away this week so im home alone.ive always had suppisions about our home for some reason.anyway went to bed last night and woke up about half 2.our dog was beside me on the bed.i glanced at her and she was wide awake as i could see her from the light on my sterio.my door was wide open and i could see straight into the spare room.all of a sudden the dog raised her head,hoped off my bed and started to walk towards the spare room and she was growling a little.i called her back and then all of a sudden the pc comes on out of nowhere and she starts barking while staring at the the far wall in the room.i jumped out of the bed,ran into the spare room and switched on the light and nothing was there but the pc on.the dog had calmed down by this stage and i turned off the pc and got back into bed.i was so freaked out but not scared.more curious than anything.i have told a few people today but they laughed at me.any opinions,ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its either your imagination or a ghost or your Dog has learned how to turn on computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Your optical mouse brought your pc out of stand by mode,happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

You're parents are away and your sleeping with the dog!! Cool party!!!!:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Is this your first time staying at home with your parents away? It's natural to be a bit nervous if thats the case.

The optical mouse, turning on the PC sounds likely. Was it turned off or in standby?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

calistro wrote: »
    You're parents are away and your sleeping with the dog!! Cool party!!!!:D:cool:

a monday night party.....

the weekends are there for a reason.TWAT

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Is this your first time staying at home with your parents away? It's natural to be a bit nervous if thats the case.

The optical mouse, turning on the PC sounds likely. Was it turned off or in standby?

no it was off.thats the reason i started this thread.i wouldnt of bothered if it was on standby.it gets better.gf was staying last night,2 of us wide awake and 3 steps on the stairs kept creaking for about 10 seconds.again,the dog growled and let off a few barks.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

set up a camera on the stairs and landing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

hope the dog didn't get jealous:D

Did the PC do anything again?

How do you mean the steps kept creaking for about 10 seconds?
    They'd creak for ten seconds, stop and then start again or they creaked for ten seconds, stopped and that was it.
    Could be just the wood contracting as the house cooled down.

Bare in mind that after the first night you were propably looking out for anything supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Call Derek Packora he will sort it out and dont go in to the light

Gillo wrote: »
    hope the dog didn't get jealous:D

Did the PC do anything again?

How do you mean the steps kept creaking for about 10 seconds?
    They'd creak for ten seconds, stop and then start again or they creaked for ten seconds, stopped and that was it.
    Could be just the wood contracting as the house cooled down.

Bare in mind that after the first night you were propably looking out for anything supernatural.

there is about 2 steps that creak when people walk up the stairs.they were creaking.they were creaking,then stop and then again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

like previous threads describing "paranormal" instances or situations, im guessing this will amble on for a while without anything being presented to support it!
    like paranormal investigation on a wider scale! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

yeah i agree...

the only way of proving this solidly is having an investigation team spend a night recording stuff

day 3...

perents were home yesterday and i was telling me da and he was was loving it cause he is into that ****e but we promised not to tell me ma cause she would run away..

anyway,it happened again,got up about half 3 for a wee and when i came out of the bathroom and turned off the light and there it was again,the cpmputor on.straight into me da and we just stood on the landing together in the dark for about 20 min and nothing happened.of course when your in a situation like that ya syart imagining things which we were.il see what tonight.the other thing my granny passed away 4 weeks ago if that has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

unplug the computer, then set up a camera and train it on the computer. if it switches on, then you'll have the first ever proof of paranormal activity.

Im suspecting that this is a) a house creaking and b) a computer thats already plugged in and sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Ok just to let you know I had a computer once that had something wrong with it, and (if it was plugged in :D) it could switch on by itself, got it fixed and it never happened again...
    Maybe its worth checking into.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yep, plug out your computer.

Are you going to Film it tonight

nothing happed last night.thank god

Did you unplug the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

did anyone stop and think that this is act the spirits in his house making boards posts?

something to think about ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

What's with all the smart alec remarks??? This lad comes here looking for advise from like minded paranormal enthusiasts and people just make jokes of it?

To the OP, some good advise in some of the previous posts...

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Is it a council house? Are you trying to get moved to a better location?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

What's with all the smart alec remarks??? This lad comes here looking for advise from like minded paranormal enthusiasts and people just make jokes of it?

To the OP, some good advise in some of the previous posts...

Its easy to grow jaded about claims of paranormal activity!

They are generally false, explainable,or as of yet,are unexplainable (not conclusive proof)!

This one no doubt will have a very terrestrial explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

I heard of a few people's computers turning on by itself at around 3 in the morning, might be automatic updates or something.

Your mind was probably just on edge when you heard the stairs creek. Whenever people are scared they usually listen out for the smallest of sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

aflib wrote: »
    nothing happed last night.thank god

What do you mean by 'thank god'? Is it making you feel very uneasy? Do you have an ill sort of feeling in the house in the evenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

leddpipe wrote: »
    Its easy to grow jaded about claims of paranormal activity!

They are generally false, explainable,or as of yet,are unexplainable (not conclusive proof)!

This one no doubt will have a very terrestrial explanation.

So, now we just mock people who come and ask for help with as yet unexplained occurences in the residences? I'm pretty sure the paranormal association you were associated with wouldn't agree with that line...

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

check the settings of the pc .some time the pc is set to sleep when you press the shutdown button.another thing that might be set to 3am is the antivirus software which is often set to 3 pm but if your time is set wrong it could be that .ps if the pc is haunted i will buy it of you (at a discounted price of course):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't know enough about PCs to make a decent guess at why it might turn itself on.

If your dog is staring at walls and barking it's possible that you may have mice. My dog used to stare at the skirting boards and try dig through the floor after them. Set some traps or get one of those sonic repellars and see if that helps.

Advertisement