Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Desktop Themes For Windows Xp

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey does anybody know how to change themes for windows xp, i use windows XP SP3 and i heard you can change the desktop themes to custom made themes and other windows thems...

Regards,
    Ian

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Carter_777 wrote: »
    Hey does anybody know how to change themes for windows xp, i use windows XP SP3 and i heard you can change the desktop themes to custom made themes and other windows thems...

Regards,
    Ian

Indeed you can - see here for some Microsoft-sanctioned ones, or just do a search in your search engine of choice.

Personally I always turn themes to the Windows Classic version with all the shiny turned off, as I prefer the higher responsiveness & performance, but to each his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Carter_777

Regards,
    Ian

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You've posted this twice, with the second thread being posted after I replied to the first one...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

merged, quick posting all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Carter_777

I did indeed post it twice a little bit trigger happy sorry:confused:... Thanks for the advice. I now have downloaded a theme that i like. I have no idea how to install it. Does anybody have any ideas???

• Advertisement
Advertisement