Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA during summer months?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I seem to be getting conflicting information and I am really confused.

I will be continuing onto second year in September and I have been told the following by different people including staff in the S.W office.

a) you can stay on BTEA for the summer are you are resuming studies in September

b) you have to come off BTEA and sign on for Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit which ever is applicable to you and be actively seeking work for the summer months.

Which is it - do I inform the S.W. office that I have accepted my 2nd year place and will be returning in Sept or have I to apply for Jobseeker's Benefit?

Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

If you were in receipt of lone parents before BTEA then your payment continues during the summer, if not, you get jobseekers for summer months. When you register for 2nd year then you need to get a confirmation letter from the relevant college and submit to the SW to continue on BTEA from sept/oct until next summer.

Advertisement