Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducatos

Options
  • 08-06-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Not as much a camper question as a general moring one but who would know better than you lot!!!

Are Ducatos known to eat synchros?? We have a bunch here at work but we are on our third in 12 months with knackered transmissions. The boss likes to pretend it's my fault cos I'm the fleet manage:rolleyes:

Anyone know where you can get a replacement or how much it should normally cost to rectify??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

Second and fifth are most likely to go. Synchro rings cannot be bought separately. Look up the parts diagram and you'll see what is available.
    Second wears from use and fifth from low oil level.

Torq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

5th can go on the 94-02 shapes , due to low oil as the man said or poor oil . I've done a few , they're a piece of p1ss to do .
    I've had fup all synchros go otherwise , I have found on builders vans it's more likely down to the gear linkage cables and the pivotting mechanisms outside the box seizing or straining , not letting the gears properly engage .

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

Yep, 5th can be changed with the box still in the van. Doing the other gears is a bit more work but if you have all the parts can be done in a day. My first ducato ('97) had the gearbox in a crate in the back, rebuilt it from scratch after replacing all the parts the Polish owners had lost or broken in their attempts to repair it. Not all Poles are good mechanics!! Had to wait 3 months for a production run of a €2 part to finish it!

Torq

Advertisement