Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Noobie

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    We're thinking of taking the plunge and buying a camper van. We know absolutely feck all about them but were thinking about the alcove or integrated type van. Something like this maybe http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/1361061
    We have a six month old baby and was wondering if it is possible to put a baby seat safely in the back?
    Any other advice would be gratefully accepted.

ta,
    moz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi Moz

We travel with 3 kids.....all use child seats.....so the simple answer is that it is possible to "seat belt" child seats into the back of the vans. However, when you are looking at vans, I would suggest that you fit the child seat into the van to make sure that the van belts will work for the child seat....you may find that you will have to get a child seat to suit the van etc

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Make sure the seatbelt goes to a streel frame somewhere if at all possible . Regardless what brand of camper , My biggest fear for anything alloy bodied , with the alloy joining strips , of that age is leaks . So be extra careful . Also rusty brake pipes , inner wings , and 2nd/3rd gear synchros .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

hi , we got our first van 3 months ago and we have an 8month old baby . we tried to fit his seat but could get it so i went to tony kealy's and the showed me how to do it properly and also tried 4 other seats so we would know which one would fit the best for his next size seat , only 1 of them fitted .So i think you should go to get i done by the pro's to be safe .And good luck with the van.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thanks for the advice folks. The search continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i have a simliar query.
    Friends of ours are looking @ vanss but their budget doesnt allow them to get anything that has 3 point seat belts in the back...is it OK to strap a childseat to lap belt type belt?

Also is it legal to carry a child in the front passenger seat properly belted in etc?
    (thats what i normally do...but im worried in France it might be frowned upon)

Cheers,
    Marty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement