Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Request: Personal Finance Utility?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a personal finance app for the iPhone?

I want to track my spending by custom determined categories (e.g. 'Groceries'. 'Clothes', 'Car', 'Work' 'Kids', etc) and be able to determine the payment source used (e.g. account / credit card / cash) etc.

Obviously I'd prefer something free, or at least with a trial version for free but if something was good enough I'd be happy enough to spend a few euros on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

Texthog is a very good App also has a good website which gives you all the details of where your money is going. Its also free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That looks handy, Rushdie.
    Have been looking for something like that for a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Seems more to be an expense and mileage recording system than the type of thing I'm looking for. I'm looking for something similar to ms money or something like that.

Is there really nothing out there? Seems like a real opportunity for a dev company...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

iXpensit (or just put "finance" into search box of app store). Its 4euro, but has a lite version free to trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

You could have a look at pocketmoney, I used one of the initial versions which was not very stable. It may have improved since then.

Been using iXpensit for the past few days. It's not got everything I want but it's reasonable.

Advertisement