Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluctuating belly size?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:07pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok bit of a strange one here but it's bugging me.

Basically I'm 13 +2 and I'm finding that when I get up in the morning my belly seems fairly flat bar a little bulge in the end and to look at me you wouldn't really think I was preggers.. However as the day goes on it seems to expand more and more and by the time evening comes around I clearly look pregnant..

I know this is probably due to eating and drinking during the day and the fact that there's less space in there etc.. but it's just such a huge difference :confused: and I'm almost feeling disappointed when I get up and my nice round belly is gone again..

Am I just losing my marbles here or did/are others finding this aswel?

Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

someone i know had this - barely a bump in the morning, then bigger in the evening - she was the type to know everything about pregnancy so if it was a problem, she wouldnt have laughed it off like she did.

check with your gp anyway - but think its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

This use to happen to me too! I would have a jelly belly in the morning and then at night the bump was notiable! I think it has to do with the position baby is lying in and of coarse what you eat and drink. Dont worry though in another few weeks you will have a nice round
    4538474492a8336948586l.jpg
    This was me at 14 weeks and then
    no less than 10 weeks later ---> (on me holidays :D )
    4538474492a9003873866l.jpg

My bump stayed some what the same sized after this
    4538474492a9493826220l.jpg
    31 weeks here

Then towards the end of the pregnancy it became quite pointy!

4538474492a9626610622l.jpg
    This was 36 weeks a few nights before I was induced.

Enjoy your pregnancy, it goes by so fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 new2010

I am the same, and am only 10.5 weeks gone.
    A little bump in the morning.. but by evening I look 5 months gone! Plus I am constipated... I think thats contributes. ☺

I am very short and was a size 6.. ( now a ten) !!!!!! scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Congrats Xanti!! Hope pregnancy going well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks Chuchu.. I'm starting to get a bigger belly in the mornings now :) still a big change as the day goes on but definately growing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Shoeymcshoe

I was like this on my first - I remember staying with a friend and her being mesmerised at the change in me over the course of one day. I didn't look a bit pregnant in the mornings!

I'm 9wks on my second and in a similar situation. My clothes are digging into me by the time I get home from work but I'm grand first thing. Another crazy side effect of pregnancy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Yep, same thing happened to me too!

I think it's perfectly normal. For me I found that it all had a lot to do with my food intake and bowel movements as well :o

Advertisement