Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Insurance !

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

In 2007 I used my house insurance to claimfor a damaged Laptop and received 399 euro for to replaced damaged .

In 2009 (may) I had a small leak in an upstairs bathroom, which wet a downstairs ceiling, and I rang my insurance as i wasnt sure how extensive the damage was! (As it turned out the damage was minimal and I never bothered to claim anything from the insurance company .. as a friend fixed it for me.)

Last month (may 2010) , We had a 'water escape' which damaged a timber floor downstairs in our house.
    I rang our new home insurance company, which we had changed to early this year . They had somebody out to inspect the damage , and he agreed a settlement figure. A couple of days later, I received a call from insurance company to say that we had 'not disclosed a pending claim', and they were terminating our policy and not processing our claim for damage!
    (apparently the claim in may 2009 was not considered closed even though we never bothered to claim a penny for it and this was non disclosure as we never realised it was important to mention it as we never pursued any compensation for damage)

Now we are struggling to get house insurance and have none at present... What do we do?
    Is there any companies who quote for people in this situation or is it worth appealing the insurance companies' decision.

Thanks for the help in advance, Dave.

Advertisement