Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony handycam

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys,I recently purchased a second hand sony handycam model DCR-HC35E and do not have the install disc. Camera is not showing up when i connect to PC with USB cable, I tried downloading up to date drivers but still no use. Does anyone out there have an install disc i could borrow i would gladly pay for postage and return when i am finished with it.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If the drivers didn't work the install CD won't help.

Sounds like a different issue.

Does it work on another PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭corkscott

tried on sony vaio PC and brand new samsung notebook camera not being seen by both

Sounds like an issue with the camera so, one of the PC's should at least 'see' the camera even if you can't read / write to it

Was it ever working with a PC? I know it's second hand, but do you have to option to bring it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

corkscott wrote: »
    Hi guys,I recently purchased a second hand sony handycam model DCR-HC35E and do not have the install disc. Camera is not showing up when i connect to PC with USB cable, I tried downloading up to date drivers but still no use. Does anyone out there have an install disc i could borrow i would gladly pay for postage and return when i am finished with it.Thanks

I swear im not being a b*stard... but have you turned the camera on when attaching it to the computer (and is it in play mode). I've come across this problem so many times... and i fell pray to it myself once upon a long ago.

And in a less b*stardish question are you per chance on vista?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭corkscott

hi 101001 yes camera is turned on duh!!actually fixed problem the USB function was not switched on,i tried googling last night and found some oher people with same problem as soon as i switched on via touchscreen everything was ok.Thanks for the help ppl.
    101001 wrote: »
    I swear im not being a b*stard... but have you turned the camera on when attaching it to the computer (and is it in play mode). I've come across this problem so many times... and i fell pray to it myself once upon a long ago.

And in a less b*stardish question are you per chance on vista?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 mr.spids

see if you just take the time to search yourself

mr.spids wrote: »
    see if you just take the time to search yourself

not as easy as that when you've been trying for ages and your head is melted

he got it sorted now anyway, so :)

Advertisement