Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

festivals

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

is there any point in entering an old film in film festivals? it was on tv once but no in any festivals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It really depends on the festival and how old the film is.

Some festivals will only accept films that have been completed after a certain date and others are more flexible - although I think almost all will favour newer films over older ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mkeano

yeah I think a lot of festivals insist that the film has never been released or aired before, I'm sure if you dig around you'll find one. A friend of mine entered his film in an American festival and was chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smiling sadly

mkeano wrote: »
    yeah I think a lot of festivals insist that the film has never been released or aired before, I'm sure if you dig around you'll find one. A friend of mine entered his film in an American festival and was chosen.

You should be able to do a search on Withoutabox to find those that accept your type of film.

Most american festivals only care that it hasn't been broadcast in the U.S.

If it's good it's worth a try.

Advertisement