Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any fire spinners around??

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone here does any fire spinning aka poi, contact staff, juggling or any other variant?

I was thinking of setting up a club for these activities in UL. I think it would be pretty successful since these arts can be a pretty good workout and people love to watch it.

I currently do fire poi/snakes and fire breath.

If anyone is into glowstringing (same as poi really) that would be good too.

Im basically looking for a few to set it up with me as required. If you yourself are interested orm know of others that might be, please direct them to this thread or my PM

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

damn, no luck on this then i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 berserkpaperbag

Ok, this is possibly the only interesting thread in the UL forum.

I have been suggesting it, for quite some time, to people to organise a society of this sort. In NUIG they have a juggling society and it works so well. People with experience teach newbies and they all practice together to learn new tricks. They also put on fire shows, club throwing etc.

Who knew we had a fire spinner in UL?! I know a few people who are awesome at diablos, and most of them can juggle too. I try a bit with devil sticks and juggling myself. But I'm hoping to get started on poi this semester.

I think it would be a great idea to set up a UL juggling society anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

I've only ever tried poi once myself, but I absolutely loved it and would definitely join a poi society if one was set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Heliosvector. If you want to start a club you really need to be able to lead it.

I mean, if you can do the stuff (for lack of a better word) thats perfect - you can teach it and build a club.

Talk to Paul Lee, he's the Clubs and Societies Development Officer in the SU - he will be able to help you out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

Killian you could have stood with your arm in the air holding up one of those signs like the trad music fella! I'd say loadsa people woulda been intrigued about Firespinning club!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Stalinturnip

Id definitely be up for it if your going ahead with setting this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭billybenner

hey im organising a new non alcoholic dance event called Sober Saturdays in Dublin and im looking for fire jugglers or fire poi people, any one interested PM me, next event is on the 2nd of October www.facebook.com/sobersaturdays

Advertisement