Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox attacks baby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

Article leaves me wondering how they knew it was a fox rather than a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I didn't read the above link, but another report mentioned that a fox was seen and subsequently at least one fox was later trapped in garden.

I can only go by what is reported but also mindful that many times a full and fully accurate account is not reported.

Agree it's not good press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It is the silly season again isn't it - no news during the summer months (oil pollution of USA coast, Israeli agression in Med, state of near war in Korea etc.:rolleyes:) Expect plenty more of this type of stuff:

LONDON BUS FOUND IN CRATER ON MOON
    One of Londons famous red double-decker buses has been sighted in
    a small crater in the Sea of Tranquillity. This is the latest in a spate of
    disappearances which have been blamed on students. Other buses
    have been found orbiting Jupiter, frozen in the polar ice, inside Fort Knox,
    on the White House lawn, at the summit of Mount Everest and one landed
    in the middle of the pitch at Yankee Stadium during a Superbowl game.

And another report of a fox entering a house NO attack but that won't stop a media frenzy. Turns out that people had been feeding the fox in question and it used to scratch at the door for food so what do they expect. Another slow news day I guess.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/horror-for-dublin-mum-as-she-discovers-fox-in-her-babys-bedroom-2246533.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

And another report of a fox entering a house NO attack but that won't stop a media frenzy. Turns out that people had been feeding the fox in question and it used to scratch at the door for food so what do they expect. Another slow news day I guess.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/horror-for-dublin-mum-as-she-discovers-fox-in-her-babys-bedroom-2246533.html

Where do they get this sh!t???
    FAMILIES in south Dublin were left horrified after a baby narrowly escaped injury when a fox entered her bedroom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

jameshayes wrote: »
    x2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

just read the herald article , the incident occurred in 2006 !!! and also the parents admitted to regularly feeding the fox

just read the herald article , the incident occurred in 2006 !!! and also the parents admitted to regularly feeding the fox

Where do you see 2006???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

jameshayes wrote: »

The usual standard of the O'Reilly gutter press:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Where do you see 2006???:confused:

It was certainly in the print edition. News must be so slow that they removed it for sexing up purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

tricky D wrote: »
    It was certainly in the print edition. News must be so slow that they removed it for sexing up purposes.
    Click on quote for full article

Mothman wrote: »
    Click on quote for full article

Now I'm really confused, when you look at the two articles there is no mention of 2006 in the one I posted. :confused: I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as it is typical of the standard expected from the Independent Group - the organisation that scooped the Liam Lawlor Moscow story.

Advertisement