Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb ISP problems

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone else having trouble with this ISP in Limerick City?

Prepare to be shocked......

Accoring to www.speedtest.net I have a...
    download speed of 0.11mb/s
    upload speed of 0.07 mb/s

Seriously like, WTF!
    I'm paying 35quid a month and getting **** all like...

Am I the only one having problems??

Can anyone recomend anyone cheaper who aren't rubbish? :mad:

Greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My top bet would be UPC (NTL/Chorus).

I couldn't get that so I have Magnet which are very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.speedtest.net/result/840350530.png using server in Limerick

http://www.speedtest.net/result/840352383.png using Dublin server

Location Raheen Area

Perlico - but it's a curse - it's keeps dropping it's signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Have you gone over your usage limit, I think the limit is 30gb a month on that package which includes uploads and downloads and is on a rolling month basis. There's a link on the site which tells you what you've used. Got caught out by that a few months back. Mine was fine last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

I use digiweb and never have any problems but they do slow you right down until your next payment or you go back under your limit if you have gone over, at least they don't charge for going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Roadend wrote: »
    Have you gone over your usage limit, I think the limit is 30gb a month on that package which includes uploads and downloads and is on a rolling month basis. There's a link on the site which tells you what you've used. Got caught out by that a few months back. Mine was fine last night.

In the last 30 days I've only used 8.48Gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    In the last 30 days I've only used 8.48Gb

Is it a dsl line ?
    Is it rented off of eircom ?
    if so i would recommend moving to upc or magnet (not magnet dsl). Upc would probably be better plus it is cheaper.

There is a problem with dsl lines around the country , upgrades are on the way , or so i was told before Christmas.

Shammy wrote: »
    Is it a dsl line ?
    Is it rented off of eircom ?
    if so i would recommend moving to upc or magnet (not magnet dsl). Upc would probably be better plus it is cheaper.

There is a problem with dsl lines around the country , upgrades are on the way , or so i was told before Christmas.

Afaik, we're nothing to do with eircom.

DSL? I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Do you have an aerial on the roof for this?

Is it called Digiweb Metro?

Jumpy wrote: »
    Do you have an aerial on the roof for this?

Is it called Digiweb Metro?
    There's something on the roof alright.

Yup, Metro Value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its signal problems I suspect. I had major trouble with that when I was with them. Maybe you have switched zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had loads of problems with them before. They changed their signal type and i just couldnt stay connected for more than 5 mins. They mucked me about for a further 4 months telling me to reset and it would be ok in the morning or sending out engineers that would sort it. Nothing worked and they just told me to take it or leave it. I left it and got them to back pay all the money from the time i logged my first call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Currently is going slow. We were told we were over the 30gb limit. However, they also said it would be restored to normal speed last Tuesday. Another complaint is imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Is anybody else having trouble with chorus digital and broadband. I lost all connection yesterday but all my bills have been paid on time afaik

Advertisement