Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAmpsites il de re france

Options
  • 07-06-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Anyone here been to Il de Re?
    Interestd in hearing opinions on different campsites...looking for somewhere shaded and very laid back, have heard interlude gets crowded.
    We will be bringing an 18 month old too so needs to be safe for him and hopefully near a beach.
    Also what prices would we expect to pay per night for a camper awning elec and water for a coupleand child/
    many thanks,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

We went to Il De Re a few times. Stayed in this site last year, direct access to a great beach and reasonable rates (can't remember exactly)
    Camping Camp Municipal Des Amis De La Plage‎, Avenue du Pas des Boeufs, 17580 Le Bois-Plage-en-Ré, France‎ - 05 46 09 24 01‎.
    There are a number of municipal sites on the island, we prefer these to the large commercial sites.

corkbuoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

There are a few sites near Rivedoux Plage as you come off the bridge at the entry to the Island:
    Google Earth
    46 deg 09' 33.0" N
    1 deg 16' 13.51" W

http://www.rivedoux-plage.fr/index.php?id_site=1&id_page=16

€20-€25 per night would be about the going rate for a camper - can't remember exactly.

Toll on the bridge (outward only) is €16.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers lads...would ye reckon id need to book in advance for early July?
    Cheers,
    Marty.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Cheers lads...would ye reckon id need to book in advance for early July?
    Cheers,
    Marty.
    Wouldn't think so - was there early July last year and there seemed to be plenty available. August is the busy time.

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so - was there early July last year and there seemed to be plenty available. August is the busy time.

Cheers Seamus,
    I was under the same impression alright for mainland france regarding July...just wasnt so sure about the islands.
    Cheers,
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Marty,
    We stayed in Interlude for 3 nights last july. It has great access to beach and a good supermarket and restaurant.
    The pool area is poor although there is an indoor facility for bad days.
    There is not a lot to do in the area and it is true that it gets crowded.
    We will be back this July and ideally would like to find a site near to the islands main town (St Martin?)
    I am also keen to stay near or in La Rochelle, it is supposed to be well worth seeing.
    Give us a wave if we pass on Ille de re. Lol.
    BTW. We were lucky to get a pitch when we arrived had to wait around for a while till one came up. Interlude is busy and probably the busiest of 7 sites we visited last summer. I would imagine that this is beach proximity.
    Best to ring ahead to check availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

We passed through there 2 years ago but didn't stay. Spent about 5 days at Lacanau Ocean near Bordeaux. Beautifull beaches only feet from the campsite and great surf too! Oh yea, every second shop in the town is a surf shop.

Torq

Cheers lads for the advice.
    Marty

here2surf wrote: »
    Marty,
    We stayed in Interlude for 3 nights last july. It has great access to beach and a good supermarket and restaurant.
    The pool area is poor although there is an indoor facility for bad days.
    There is not a lot to do in the area and it is true that it gets crowded.
    We will be back this July and ideally would like to find a site near to the islands main town (St Martin?)
    I am also keen to stay near or in La Rochelle, it is supposed to be well worth seeing.
    Give us a wave if we pass on Ille de re. Lol.
    BTW. We were lucky to get a pitch when we arrived had to wait around for a while till one came up. Interlude is busy and probably the busiest of 7 sites we visited last summer. I would imagine that this is beach proximity.
    Best to ring ahead to check availability.

La Rochelle's definitely worth a visit. There's an aire right in the middle of the town - basically a large car park with a service point - but it is near to everywhere and its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Was there last year in July. Took a few tries to get into a site but the one we eventually got into was very close to the beach, had a decent pool etc. Cant remember the name unforrtunately. From what I can remember the few sites we visited were quite tightly packed with narrow roadways between the sites.

• Advertisement

Hi all. I had been singing the praises of the aire in La Rochelle in a few posts. Lots of space, near everything and free. So it was when we stopped there last month heading south. Got here this evening on the way home to find the place reorganised and the number of MH spaces reduced from around eighty to just 24. Still a good place to stop but now need to arrive earlier to get a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Hi all. I had been singing the praises of the aire in La Rochelle in a few posts. Lots of space, near everything and free. So it was when we stopped there last month heading south. Got here this evening on the way home to find the place reorganised and the number of MH spaces reduced from around eighty to just 24. Still a good place to stop but now need to arrive earlier to get a space.

Thanks, am planning on stopping there in September on the way south to Lacanau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

corkbuoy wrote: »
    We went to Il De Re a few times. Stayed in this site last year, direct access to a great beach and reasonable rates (can't remember exactly)
    Camping Camp Municipal Des Amis De La Plage‎, Avenue du Pas des Boeufs, 17580 Le Bois-Plage-en-Ré, France‎ - 05 46 09 24 01‎.
    There are a number of municipal sites on the island, we prefer these to the large commercial sites.

corkbuoy

Great site. 16 euro for 2 adults and hook up.

Camping Camp Municipal Des Amis De La Plage‎....a great site, did 16 nights there...was 23€ a night with hookup for 2 adults and a 2 year old.

It is definitely one of the best campsites on the island beinng right on the beach with great facilities...however the staff are not very helpful if you are not French.
    If you are planning going biook in advance just to ensure your pitch...they kept moving us around just to suit "locals"...were really unhelpful with our electrical hookup(we had a small problem)
    They overcharged us and were very cool is all i can say about refunding us...meaning i had to trip in and out to town to keep checking my banking online for the refund.

Great site...1 or 2 nice staff...the rest im sorry were morons (and before anyone asks...i have very basic french and always used it,my other half has very good french and always used it)

Would i stay there again...i definitely would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

SARZY wrote: »
    Great site. 16 euro for 2 adults and hook up.

September '09

23 a night was for July...which was great value...the overcharge i mentioned was for over 100€ on a laser card...totally their mistake.
    Marty.

Advertisement