Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ies Tournament thread

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hey there, this is a thread for the posting up of official and unofficial Pokémon tournies.

I'll start the Pokéball rolling by posting up this one which is run by the boys and gals of Pokémon World:
    23853_10150164257800529_586355528_11719183_3701753_n.jpg
    Thread on the Tourny

I will also do a shout out for the planned Nom-Con Pokémon Tourny. I don't have a solid link at the moment to send you too, but I hope you will support it.

I'd also like to run someday run monthly or bi-monthly DS Pokémon tournies in person at some location in Dublin. Just trying to see if there would be any interest from the players in running this idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just realised that Manchester one is my birthday weekend. While it would be fun and all, I already have plans...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Find my cheap flight and I might be able to pull this one off!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Flights are €20

Add in an extra €10 for admin charges and they'll be €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Do me proud boys! I can't make this one, I have a little thing called my wedding around that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

im sure they wouldnt mind letting you have the ceremony at the event. Hell the hardest thing would be getting the priest to wear the pikachu costume.....

• Advertisement

Just to make everyone aware (finally) the rules for the Nom-Con Pokémon Tournie are up and running.

I'm running the tourny, so any advanced questions or any questions in general just patch them through to me.

The plan is to have a full Gen 4 tourny running, with fun Stadium and Stadium 2 mini-games fun battles running on the side. It is all fun to demand, so press the DEMAND button over on Nom-Con's site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm an idiot. I always thought people actually specifically built teams to have them at Lv.50 for tournaments. This is the first I've heard of auto-levelling...

However, that looks fun. I'm up for it, never managed to be in a tournament before. And oh look, it's one that bans Legendaries, the problem I always had with tournaments being that they let people use them.

Urizen wrote: »
    I'm an idiot. I always thought people actually specifically built teams to have them at Lv.50 for tournaments. This is the first I've heard of auto-levelling...
    We had to raise Pokés to lv50 last year for VGC as there was no auto-level feature, that was a pain >_<
    Urizen wrote: »
    And oh look, it's one that bans Legendaries, the problem I always had with tournaments being that they let people use them.
    I don't mind one, but it just turns into a case of MEWTWO used Psychic! PALKIA used Spacial Rend! KYORGE used Water Spout! Boring, boring, boring after the first 50 or so battles. Keep it fresh people!

Oh, my new team will be fresh enough. As soon as it's built that is. Spent an hour and a half working it out, so it damn well better be. :D

I'd mentioned this one on the 9th of October, but here's the concrete details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

we should have tournaments like the london and manchester one in ireland, it really sucks having to go all the way to london for a tourney

we should have tournaments like the london and manchester one in ireland, it really sucks having to go all the way to london for a tourney
    At the risk of sounding annoying, why don't you stop complaining about a lack of tournaments and start organising them yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

At the risk of sounding annoying, why don't you stop complaining about a lack of tournaments and start organising them yourself?

i just realized i sounded like a whiney little girl, sorry for complaining, and i really appreciate you organizing all these pokegatherings

Buzz used a Revive on a dead thread, appologies for this in advance. Saw this for the 19th Feb and though some folks might like to come to this now that we have a London hub :)
    http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=post&id=92473

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'll need to look into time off/money etc. but I'm definitely interested :)

Temptation...

It's about £20 on the train to the tournament from my gaff in London and it's going to be an early start to make it for 9am, but it's only like 7am or something...

Double posting, sorry and all that...

Is anyone else going to the Reading Tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Not me, I'm saving it for VGC instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I won't be :( Super busy these days with work and school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I also won't be able to go due to other commitments.

However for anyone thinking about it, The Gamerbase in Reading has been closed as part of the HMV closures and the tournament is now in Picadilly Circus at 12pm. This means it could be more accessible for anyone who was thinking of flying over on the morning.

http://pokemonworld.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5337

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    I also won't be able to go due to other commitments.

However for anyone thinking about it, The Gamerbase in Reading has been closed as part of the HMV closures and the tournament is now in Picadilly Circus at 12pm. This means it could be more accessible for anyone who was thinking of flying over on the morning.

http://pokemonworld.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5337
    Saw that this morning and went "feck". I've already booked a hotel in Reading that can't be cancelled.

Also if anyone is thinking of going the chances are slim. The new venue only takes 64 and priority will be given to 100 odd that preregistered online. That is of course when they send the new registration emails *_*

Advertisement