Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover 3GPP file

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:55pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi , I wonder if theres any solution to this. I have 2 3GPP video files on my phone. They will not open in any player . I have tried 2 converters & both applications rejects them also. I have tried to burn to DVD using Convert X, no joy there either. I think the problem is while recording these the phone shut down. Is there any software to attempt to recover these filles (or even part of them)
    Any help appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

you sure they are actually corrupt? Do they play on the phone? Does the Phone know its a video? Or does it call it an unknown file type? I know of a way to fix an avi file but i'm not sure about 3gp. I'll have a look into it and get back to you later

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi 101001
    No , they will not play on the phone either. Its not a codec issue , other files from the phone play fine om WMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

where they saved onto a memory card within the phone? if so put the card in the computer with a card reader and get software or freeware that will recover it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Ok! so 3gp will work similarly to avi. First couple of things you can try is get avidemux and try to re encode the 3gp hopefully this might fix it. something like super might do it. Google avi or video or media fix (There is a specific Video fix software that copies and fixes but it's name ecapes me) Failing that, let me know. If avidemux or super don't work we could be in a little bit of trouble as the solution after that is hella-complicated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Out and about at the moment. I'll give that a go later, thanks.

• Advertisement

No luck I,m afraid. Avidemux could not even open the file the Google search gave me All Media Fixer which seemed the most promising. It loaded the file, scanned it as & created a new file prefixed with fixed . Still the same though.:(
    Trying Super now!

Update:
    No luck with Super either. Not holding out much hope now.:(
    Thanks for all the suggestions.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

did you try recovery software?

Advertisement